Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Just passed the 70-271 exam today

Just passed the 70-271 exam today

jmgrambo

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.

How do I register for my MCP? I know where the web site is. That's easy
enough to find. But it is asking me for MCP ID and an access code. Is this
something that I should already have or will it be emailed or mailed to me?

geekymom

"jmgrambo" wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.
>
> How do I register for my MCP? I know where the web site is. That's easy
> enough to find. But it is asking me for MCP ID and an access code. Is this
> something that I should already have or will it be emailed or mailed to me?

geekymom

ok, missed this part before-place for message that is ;-(
I received 2 Emails - 1 for the MCP ID and 1 for the Access Code. I received
them both the next day after passing.
However, I passed that exam last year and it took about a month for the MCP
Welcome package to get to me. BTW, CONGRATS!!
I just passed the 70-272 today - so, I know how you're feeling. YAY!!

"jmgrambo" wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.
>
> How do I register for my MCP? I know where the web site is. That's easy
> enough to find. But it is asking me for MCP ID and an access code. Is this
> something that I should already have or will it be emailed or mailed to me?

Dragon Reborn

I just passed my 70-271 today. For the MCP access code, did it come to the
address you registered with Microsoft or the address you registered with the
testing company

"geekymom" wrote:

> ok, missed this part before-place for message that is ;-(
> I received 2 Emails - 1 for the MCP ID and 1 for the Access Code. I received
> them both the next day after passing.
> However, I passed that exam last year and it took about a month for the MCP
> Welcome package to get to me. BTW, CONGRATS!!
> I just passed the 70-272 today - so, I know how you're feeling. YAY!!
>
> "jmgrambo" wrote:
>
> > I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.
> >
> > How do I register for my MCP? I know where the web site is. That's easy
> > enough to find. But it is asking me for MCP ID and an access code. Is this
> > something that I should already have or will it be emailed or mailed to me?

geekymom

I used the same Email for both.

"Dragon Reborn" wrote:

> I just passed my 70-271 today. For the MCP access code, did it come to the
> address you registered with Microsoft or the address you registered with the
> testing company
>
> "geekymom" wrote:
>
> > ok, missed this part before-place for message that is ;-(
> > I received 2 Emails - 1 for the MCP ID and 1 for the Access Code. I received
> > them both the next day after passing.
> > However, I passed that exam last year and it took about a month for the MCP
> > Welcome package to get to me. BTW, CONGRATS!!
> > I just passed the 70-272 today - so, I know how you're feeling. YAY!!
> >
> > "jmgrambo" wrote:
> >
> > > I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.
> > >
> > > How do I register for my MCP? I know where the web site is. That's easy
> > > enough to find. But it is asking me for MCP ID and an access code. Is this
> > > something that I should already have or will it be emailed or mailed to me?

geekymom

I just did some checking and found out that both Emails were sent from
Microsoft. Hope you hear from them soon - if not already.

"Dragon Reborn" wrote:

> I just passed my 70-271 today. For the MCP access code, did it come to the
> address you registered with Microsoft or the address you registered with the
> testing company
>
> "geekymom" wrote:
>
> > ok, missed this part before-place for message that is ;-(
> > I received 2 Emails - 1 for the MCP ID and 1 for the Access Code. I received
> > them both the next day after passing.
> > However, I passed that exam last year and it took about a month for the MCP
> > Welcome package to get to me. BTW, CONGRATS!!
> > I just passed the 70-272 today - so, I know how you're feeling. YAY!!
> >
> > "jmgrambo" wrote:
> >
> > > I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before.
> > >
> > > How do I register for my MCP? I know where the web site is. That's easy
> > > enough to find. But it is asking me for MCP ID and an access code. Is this
> > > something that I should already have or will it be emailed or mailed to me?

jmgrambo

Just wanted to say thanks for the information.
I have heard back from MCPHELP already and have emailed them some
information from my test result.
I'll try to be patient. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something.
I hate to feel like a user.
Thanks again.

"geekymom" wrote:

> I just did some checking and found out that both Emails were sent from
> Microsoft. Hope you hear from them soon - if not already.
>
> "Dragon Reborn" wrote:
>
> > I just passed my 70-271 today. For the MCP access code, did it come to the
> > address you registered with Microsoft or the address you registered with the
> > testing company
> >
> > "geekymom" wrote:
> >
> > > ok, missed this part before-place for message that is ;-(
> > > I received 2 Emails - 1 for the MCP ID and 1 for the Access Code. I received
> > > them both the next day after passing.
> > > However, I passed that exam last year and it took about a month for the MCP
> > > Welcome package to get to me. BTW, CONGRATS!!
> > > I just passed the 70-272 today - so, I know how you're feeling. YAY!!

Dragon Reborn

I spoke to them today, to find out how long it would be before i would get me
access code, and they gave it to me then and there over the phone.
--
"Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live and twice to die.

"jmgrambo" wrote:

> Just wanted to say thanks for the information.
> I have heard back from MCPHELP already and have emailed them some
> information from my test result.
> I'll try to be patient. Just wasn't sure if I was missing something.
> I hate to feel like a user.
> Thanks again.
>
> "geekymom" wrote:
>
> > I just did some checking and found out that both Emails were sent from
> > Microsoft. Hope you hear from them soon - if not already.
> >
> > "Dragon Reborn" wrote:
> >
> > > I just passed my 70-271 today. For the MCP access code, did it come to the
> > > address you registered with Microsoft or the address you registered with the
> > > testing company

jmgrambo

I got my information via email today.
There was a message on the MCP website indicating that they are currently
experiencing delays of up to 7 days getting updates from Prometric. This is
where I happened to take my exam. But, at any rate, I was able to request my
welcome kit and to get the logo information as well.