Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Studying for MCDST exam

Studying for MCDST exam

oscar

Currently I'm studying for the exam using the Self Paced Training kit by
Walter
Glenn and Tony Northrup. It's the 2nd edition.
I'm using all the practice exams that the book came with.
Been studying for over a month and half now. I don't do good at tests.
Is this book plus the fact im using all the practice exams good enough to
help me passed the exam?

would appreciate any help. Thanks

theo

Hi Oscar,
Last week I took and passed the 70-271 and today I passed the 70-272. These
are the first MCP exams I have taken. I studied about three days for each
exam. I got 899 on 271 and 863 on 272.
My experience was that these exams are not difficult if you are familiar
with the products. The more experience you have with XP, Office, and Express
the easier it will be for you. If you don’t have any real experience then why
not find a second study guide and also go through it. That might help pound
it in a little more.
The way I studied was on day one I read my Sybex study guide, there were
five chapters for each exam. On day two and three I studied with Measure Up
practice tests. On day four I would take the test. It was about 10 hours of
studying per exam. My point is that the exams are not that hard, the
questions are not “deep”, and they are not asking you to know very much.
If you feel like you have a good understanding of what you have been
studying then you will do well. I glanced at the kits and I would say if you
know what’s in the kits, you are going to pass.

Theo

"oscar" wrote:

> Currently I'm studying for the exam using the Self Paced Training kit by
> Walter
> Glenn and Tony Northrup. It's the 2nd edition.
> I'm using all the practice exams that the book came with.
> Been studying for over a month and half now. I don't do good at tests.
> Is this book plus the fact im using all the practice exams good enough to
> help me passed the exam?
>
> would appreciate any help. Thanks

oscar

Thanks Theo,
My weakness as of now is the "Troubleshooting Network and Protocols".
Everything else I do well.
I take the test at the end dof the month. I will continue to find some
practice tests to help me out. Again thansk alot, I do appreciate this !