Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Gaming > I need a new game...

I need a new game...

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

yeah, GTA:SA is gone here too You say you dig car games? What, like unrealistic, race at speeds of 200mph+ type, or racing sims? Gran Turismo 4 was the best $85 I ever spent Too bad the GT series is only on Playstation and PS2 Have you played Flat Out? Best crash physics I've ever seen in any race game. Also has good ragdoll physics for when your driver gets launched out the front window It evenhas a high jump game where you have to launch the driver as high aspossible complete with 100 metre highjump bar set!

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

I have Flat Out, I played it a little, didn't really get too into it. I'd like it better if I could customize my cars more in there. Plus if it had street racing. I dig something like NFSU][ or Midnight Club, street racing with cars you can totally trick out, even better if they're not all ricers. I'll try giving Flat Out another try.

Gez Gez is offline
Senior Member

Games im looking forward to:
F.E.A.R.
Quake4
Serious Sam 2 (is that out yet?)
FEAR and Quake come out on the same day... what to choose!

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

I've got the Serious Sam 2 Demo, I don't think the full game is out yet. Gonna be sweet though.

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

What I'm playing right now: Trainz 2006 (Mostly Australian and European rail lines, but I like to make my own setups).
I'm also looking forward to Quake4 and FEAR, and also City of Villans should be out very soon. I got the pre-release which promised "beta access" but that's a complete lie, don't get the pre-release of any games, they're liars.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Does anyone have HL: DoD yet? I haven't seen it yet, looks like a mad game.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

not yet.

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

What a descriptive post that was. The detail might be pretty danm good, but will gameplay be much different to the original DoD?

The Modfather The Modfather is offline
Senior Member
The Modfather's Avatar

What is HL: DoD?

XhArD XhArD is offline
Senior Member
Location: Queensland, Australia

Half-Life: Day of Defeat. How can you have not heard of it? Apart from CS, DoD was the most popular HL mod ever. There'd been those damn Steam News updates jumping up whenever I open steam, telling me to start pre-loading it.