Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Test Prep...the CHEAP way

Test Prep...the CHEAP way

Lee123

For less than $10 on the internet, I bought "MCDST exam" by Timothy Warner
(ISBN 1-58450-355-6) and studied with it and the free resource on the
microsoft website for about 2 weeks before taking 271. The book has a few
errors in it but the price compensated for that. I also used my computer to
follow allong with the instructions in my book, eg I made an unattended
install answer file etc. And I offer to help my friends through remote
assistance, etc.

I paid $60 to do the test because i'm a student (you have to call in and ask
for exams 072-271 and 072-272.) Remember 072 NOT 70, it is the same test, but
072 is a special offer code.

Even though I barely passed exam 271 (740 something) I'm now a MCP and all i
spent was <$70 (plus gas to get to the testing center). When it all boils
down a pass is a pass is a pass.

I plan to take a similar approach to 272.

--
MCP

Lee123

Using the same book, I prepared for part two. And low and behold i saw some
of the SAME questions (even the answer choices!) on the test. The only
difference was the name of the company used. I passed the test.
--
MCP