Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > .NET Parameter Direction affects datatype casting

.NET Parameter Direction affects datatype casting

Davide

Hi

We have a stored procedure for inserting data into a
table and another for Updating that table.

For the Insert SP we use a LastModifiedDateTime output
parameter and for the Update SP we use the InputOutput
parameter direction.

When we execute the query the following line works for
the Insert:
_lastModifiedDateTime = (DateTime)cmdToExecute.Parameter*
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e;

But for the execution for the Update we need to use:
_lastModifiedDateTime = (sqlDatetime)cmdToExecute.Parame*
(E-Mail Removed)e;

When checking the datavalue we have noticed that if we
use input or inputoutput as the parameter direction it
returns sqlDateTime as the datatye but when we use the
Ouput parameter direction it returns DateTime as the
datatype.

The lines we use are:
cmdToExecute.Parameters.Add(new * SqlParameter
("@daLastModifiedDat* eTime", SqlDbType.DateTime, 8,
ParameterDirection.InputOutput, * true, 23, 3, "",
DataRowVersion.Proposed, _lastModifiedDateTime));

cmdToExecute.Parameters.Add(new * SqlParameter
("@daLastModifiedDat* eTime", SqlDbType.DateTime, 8,
ParameterDirection.Output, true, 23, 3, "",
DataRowVersion.Proposed, _lastModifiedDateTime));

Is this the correct behaviour?
Is there something I am missing from
cmdToExecute.Parameters statments?

Up casting and down casting Sosuke C++ 2 12-20-2009 03:24 PM
Problem with depracated casting method (down casting) Wally Barnes C++ 3 11-20-2008 05:33 AM
database datatype bit what is the C# datatype? Jeff ASP .Net 2 04-16-2007 08:26 PM
why browser cache setting affects program behavior? Fix? =?Utf-8?B?anVubGlh?= ASP .Net 2 05-20-2005 06:27 PM
Another question about inheritance (up-casting and down-casting) kevin Java 11 01-08-2005 07:11 PM

Advertisments