Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > comments on MeasureUp Practice Tests results

Reply
Thread Tools

comments on MeasureUp Practice Tests results

 
 
Daniel Simmons
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-06-2006
Hi i aint long done a measureup practice test 4 the 1st time in my life, lol
and without using windows or any books to help me i am just wondering wot ppl
throught of my results for my first try also i am doing this at my own pace
and looking to take the exam in late march.

271 - 26% how bad
272 - 35.6% thats aint as bad but still a fail.

i will be taking the practice tests every week so i know how well i am
inproving wot do ppl think my results for my test try. Also i don't even work
in a it deparment or company.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lasher
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2006
"=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFNpbW1vbnM=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi i aint long done a measureup practice test 4 the 1st time in my
> life, lol and without using windows or any books to help me i am just
> wondering wot ppl throught of my results for my first try also i am
> doing this at my own pace and looking to take the exam in late march.
>
> 271 - 26% how bad
> 272 - 35.6% thats aint as bad but still a fail.
>
> i will be taking the practice tests every week so i know how well i am
> inproving wot do ppl think my results for my test try. Also i don't
> even work in a it deparment or company.
>


You should at least be shooting for a score of 90%+. You need to be
more hands on with Windows XP Pro and learning the operating system the
way that Microsoft says to with the books that they provide if you even
remotely expect to pass these tests.

Trust me, I've seen people take these tests thinking "Oh, that's a
simple concept" and fail miserably. If you continue to take these
practice tests without studying until March, then you'll only have
memorized the MeasureUp tests.


--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010
There's no place like MCNGP!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Daniel Simmons
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2006
i will be reading more books in windows xp for the dst exam, my old school
network manager also said that i would need to get past 90% to at least
getting a date for the exam. i hav been using windows xp (home edition that
is) since its came out but not supporting users in anyway. and i ahve been
told that the exams aint easy.

"Lasher" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFNpbW1vbnM=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi i aint long done a measureup practice test 4 the 1st time in my
> > life, lol and without using windows or any books to help me i am just
> > wondering wot ppl throught of my results for my first try also i am
> > doing this at my own pace and looking to take the exam in late march.
> >
> > 271 - 26% how bad
> > 272 - 35.6% thats aint as bad but still a fail.
> >
> > i will be taking the practice tests every week so i know how well i am
> > inproving wot do ppl think my results for my test try. Also i don't
> > even work in a it deparment or company.
> >

>
> You should at least be shooting for a score of 90%+. You need to be
> more hands on with Windows XP Pro and learning the operating system the
> way that Microsoft says to with the books that they provide if you even
> remotely expect to pass these tests.
>
> Trust me, I've seen people take these tests thinking "Oh, that's a
> simple concept" and fail miserably. If you continue to take these
> practice tests without studying until March, then you'll only have
> memorized the MeasureUp tests.
>
>
> --
> Lasher
> MCNGP 110010
> There's no place like MCNGP!
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Lasher
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2006
"=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFNpbW1vbnM=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi i aint long done a measureup practice test 4 the 1st time in my
> life, lol and without using windows or any books to help me i am just
> wondering wot ppl throught of my results for my first try also i am
> doing this at my own pace and looking to take the exam in late march.
>
> 271 - 26% how bad
> 272 - 35.6% thats aint as bad but still a fail.
>
> i will be taking the practice tests every week so i know how well i am
> inproving wot do ppl think my results for my test try. Also i don't
> even work in a it deparment or company.


Actually, let me be mean.

You need to learn communication skills. I think that by your post, you
deserve the scores that you made. What Microsoft will put an emphasis
on is communication and listening. Therefore, I think you have horrible
communication skills and need to look into learning English in a manner
that would actually compliment a call center or whatever it is you're
trying to do with this certification.

I don't usually recommend this, but you'd probably save money if you got
a paper MCDST certication.

--
Lasher
MCNGP 110010
There's no place like MCNGP!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Daniel Simmons
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-07-2006
i do hav gd communition skills but i would hav a more experince if i was not
signed of from my doc about 3wks after leaving school untill now and that was
about 2 years ago now. and i do hav money already put back so i can do the
course and exam if needed.

"Lasher" wrote:

> "=?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFNpbW1vbnM=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > Hi i aint long done a measureup practice test 4 the 1st time in my
> > life, lol and without using windows or any books to help me i am just
> > wondering wot ppl throught of my results for my first try also i am
> > doing this at my own pace and looking to take the exam in late march.
> >
> > 271 - 26% how bad
> > 272 - 35.6% thats aint as bad but still a fail.
> >
> > i will be taking the practice tests every week so i know how well i am
> > inproving wot do ppl think my results for my test try. Also i don't
> > even work in a it deparment or company.

>
> Actually, let me be mean.
>
> You need to learn communication skills. I think that by your post, you
> deserve the scores that you made. What Microsoft will put an emphasis
> on is communication and listening. Therefore, I think you have horrible
> communication skills and need to look into learning English in a manner
> that would actually compliment a call center or whatever it is you're
> trying to do with this certification.
>
> I don't usually recommend this, but you'd probably save money if you got
> a paper MCDST certication.
>
> --
> Lasher
> MCNGP 110010
> There's no place like MCNGP!
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
JaR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-09-2006
Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcdst,
the plaintive wail of =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsIFNpbW1vbnM=?=:

> i do hav gd communition skills but i would hav a more <snipped for

legibility>

if ur coputr skilz r one a par wt ur communcting skuls the u mite as weel
giv it op and gt a job that mor is to yer talents.

Like maybe something janitorial?

--
JaR
MCNGP 10110
Remove hat to reply
The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems,
takes longer. ~Edward R. Murrow
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MeasureUp Practice Tests Jo MCDST 4 02-10-2007 07:09 AM
MeasureUp Practice Tests - MCDST Press Book Jo MCDST 5 02-04-2007 04:41 PM
Tests without study guides or practice tests? =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXNS?= Microsoft Certification 8 12-20-2005 04:59 AM
MeasureUp Practice tests B_real MCDST 4 02-04-2005 04:15 PM
Practice Tests for 70-315 (MeasureUp or Self Test)? psinyc MCAD 3 02-04-2004 01:59 AM



Advertisments