Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > exam details

exam details

Juls

quick question guys wat are paper layouts for exam 70-271 and 70-272 like.
any mutliple choice questions??

kent42c

Hi Juls

I did 70-271 & just did 70-272 on Nov 24 got 972. all the questions are
multiple choice. take your time. usually u can deduct 2 answers are wrong
write away & the other 2 could be the right answer, but you need to read the
question carefully & think Ex the question starts off user can not get to a
web page on the net but can with the ip address of the page. start thinking
right away. EX ok ip address works but name res does not. could be DNS
server, not gateway because users gets to webpage using the pages ip address.
common sense. but if you prepare for the exam you should be ok.

if you have any questions about 70-272 just reply and I will answer you.

Hope this helped

"Juls" wrote:

> quick question guys wat are paper layouts for exam 70-271 and 70-272 like.
> any mutliple choice questions??

Taylor

I'm hoping that I can answer your question Juls.

The exams are given on Computer, not on paper. Most all are questions
are multiple choice. Some are interactive answers where you actually
perform how to complete the objective.

What I recommend is that you do is go to the following website and
actually get a practice exam that's certified by Microsoft and see what
it's like. SelfTestSoftware is very similar to how the exam is given
and MeasureUp is meant to challenge your skills. SelfTestSoftware is
what I've preferred in the past. I digress.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...cticetests.asp

Enjoy

Taylor

kent42c

Hi Juls

Taylor is right do some practice exams & see what your strengths & weakness
are. Another tool I would like to mention is to use the MS knowledge base to
look up explanations to how things work EX: ICF ICS DNS and so on..

Once again wish you success.

"Taylor" wrote:

> I'm hoping that I can answer your question Juls.
>
> The exams are given on Computer, not on paper. Most all are questions
> are multiple choice. Some are interactive answers where you actually
> perform how to complete the objective.
>
> What I recommend is that you do is go to the following website and
> actually get a practice exam that's certified by Microsoft and see what
> it's like. SelfTestSoftware is very similar to how the exam is given
> and MeasureUp is meant to challenge your skills. SelfTestSoftware is
> what I've preferred in the past. I digress.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...cticetests.asp
>
> Enjoy
>

> Taylor

jameser@iinet.net.au

Hi

I just wanted to add that I went for my 70-272 today and I passed as
well getting a score of 972. I took the 70-271 about 2 months ago and
I passed with a score of 899. I used the Selftest Questions. I had
Measureup questions as well, which seem to be hander than the exam. But
the questions made you think. I also used the Microsoft press book
MCDST Self Paced Training Kit, that helped. But I have to say that
most of all a spare PC that you can play around with does help. My
first MCP was with 70-270 which I took last year. I found that exam
harder than 70-271 & 70-272 but then again it was my first MCP.

Good luck to all who are taking the exam, and it is true, that you need
to read each question carefully.