Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > odd test question

Reply
Thread Tools

odd test question

 
 
louscannon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
Hi, I'm pretty new here, I'm going to go on the MCDST course in Feb
next year. I've already passed the City and Guids in computer hardware,
the A+ and i'm sorry to say, failed the N+ by 5 points However, i'm
more than eager to start afresh with this exam!
I've joined a test exam web site (www.pass-guaranteed.com) and
downloaded a few test questions, just to get a feel for the type of
questions I'll be facing!
However, i'm a bit confused by a question on the test site.. it goes
like this:

"you are a desktop support technition for a large company.A user
reports that he needs to connect to a network printer. The printer is
attached to a windows server computer, the users computer runs windows
xp Pro.
The user wants to connect to the printer as soon as possible, but he
does not have the correct driver for the printer.
You need to ensure that the user can connect to the printer as soon as
possible.
Do you:
A. Install a generic printer driver
B.Run the add hardware wizard, and allows windows to detect the printer
C.Visit the manufacturer's web site, and download the latest drivers
for the printer
D. use the add printer wizard, to connect to the printer.

I answered C, so that he got the proper driver for the printer, and
hopefully that'll save on future problems.
But, the answer was D. If you use the printer wizzard to connect to the
network printer, would you still need to get hold of the drivers, in
order to make the printer work? or do you only need to install drivers
for a local printer?
Graham

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
sarath
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
Look like you are using brain dump stuff. I don’t know about how they
guaranteed your pass. If you wanna learn something go with official learning
material. All Microsoft exams have their official learning material. Check
out MS web site. MS press book give you a real study method and 300+150
practice exam. As well as latest Microsoft release SP2 and other tech release.

Answer for your question is D. you have to use add printer wizard to connect
the printer. You need to connect print server. Therefore, you have to make
printer on your computer. Adding printer mean not connect with external
device on your computer. Add printer wizard guide you through the driver.

By the way pass guaranteed not guarantee for your future. Make sure with
your study. Wasting money or get a life.
--
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
www.pass-guaranteed.com is a brain dump. You might as well go to
TestKing and download the exact same copy since that site just
redistributes them. Not a good idea.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
"D. You need to ensure that the user can connect to the printer as soon
as
possible."

Reason: You're running Windows XP Professional and the key words were
"as soon as possible". The wizard will use a Generic Windows Printer
driver to ensure that you can do basic printing functions until you can
correct the driver issue.

Taylor

 
Reply With Quote
 
Taylor
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
"D. You need to ensure that the user can connect to the printer as soon

as possible."

Reason: You're running Windows XP Professional and the key words were
"as soon as possible". The wizard will use a Generic Windows Printer
driver to ensure that you can do basic printing functions since all you
need to do is connect to a networked printer.

Yes, if your printer did something like photos and high quality prints,
then I'd make sure I had the correct driver in order to ensure that
you're getting the best quality out of your photos or whatever it is
that you're printing. Besides, this question deals with the urgency of
hooking a printer up.

Graham, you really should consider running through the free online
E-Learning from Microsoft, as this specific issue is covered in it. You
can get that here:

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...?offerId=11583

Don't use a brain-dump. You're not going to learn anything in the long
run.


Taylor

 
Reply With Quote
 
T-Bone
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
"louscannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I've joined a test exam web site (www.pass-guaranteed.com) and
> downloaded a few test questions, just to get a feel for the type of
> questions I'll be facing!


This is a brain dump site and brain dumps are cheating. If you set up a
couple of computers and actually practice with the product rather than
trying to memorize the answers you'll do just fine.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL


 
Reply With Quote
 
M
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
Most of the answers that you need are in The MCDST Training Kit (two books)
from Microsoft Press by Walter Glenn. Studying training manuals either from
Microsoft Press or from another publisher (try Amazon) combined with real
experience is a better way to go. Don't give up on the A+, whereas MCDST is
mainly concerned with software, A+ is more concerned with hardware. They
compliment each other. I hope that you haven't paid much for the MCDST
course, I passed both exams through self study with The MCDST Training Kit
from Microsoft Press.
"louscannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, I'm pretty new here, I'm going to go on the MCDST course in Feb
> next year. I've already passed the City and Guids in computer hardware,
> the A+ and i'm sorry to say, failed the N+ by 5 points However, i'm
> more than eager to start afresh with this exam!
> I've joined a test exam web site (www.pass-guaranteed.com) and
> downloaded a few test questions, just to get a feel for the type of
> questions I'll be facing!
> However, i'm a bit confused by a question on the test site.. it goes
> like this:
>
> "you are a desktop support technition for a large company.A user
> reports that he needs to connect to a network printer. The printer is
> attached to a windows server computer, the users computer runs windows
> xp Pro.
> The user wants to connect to the printer as soon as possible, but he
> does not have the correct driver for the printer.
> You need to ensure that the user can connect to the printer as soon as
> possible.
> Do you:
> A. Install a generic printer driver
> B.Run the add hardware wizard, and allows windows to detect the printer
> C.Visit the manufacturer's web site, and download the latest drivers
> for the printer
> D. use the add printer wizard, to connect to the printer.
>
> I answered C, so that he got the proper driver for the printer, and
> hopefully that'll save on future problems.
> But, the answer was D. If you use the printer wizzard to connect to the
> network printer, would you still need to get hold of the drivers, in
> order to make the printer work? or do you only need to install drivers
> for a local printer?
> Graham
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
louscannon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
thanks a lot for the advice, and the web site! I'm not due to start the
course until Feb, but I'll keep a note of the site nearer the time!
Reading the question again,it does make sense, as you say, the guy
needed the printer up and running ASAP.
Graham

 
Reply With Quote
 
Jon
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-30-2005
the correct answer is "D" because the driver for the network printer will
be automatically download to the user's computer from the print server. This
is down by using the add printer wizard.
I would reccommed that you study properly before you attempt the exam.
Always reason with yourself before answering a question. Remember as a
technician you have to be able to reason, afterall it is the little things
that count.
"louscannon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi, I'm pretty new here, I'm going to go on the MCDST course in Feb
> next year. I've already passed the City and Guids in computer hardware,
> the A+ and i'm sorry to say, failed the N+ by 5 points However, i'm
> more than eager to start afresh with this exam!
> I've joined a test exam web site (www.pass-guaranteed.com) and
> downloaded a few test questions, just to get a feel for the type of
> questions I'll be facing!
> However, i'm a bit confused by a question on the test site.. it goes
> like this:
>
> "you are a desktop support technition for a large company.A user
> reports that he needs to connect to a network printer. The printer is
> attached to a windows server computer, the users computer runs windows
> xp Pro.
> The user wants to connect to the printer as soon as possible, but he
> does not have the correct driver for the printer.
> You need to ensure that the user can connect to the printer as soon as
> possible.
> Do you:
> A. Install a generic printer driver
> B.Run the add hardware wizard, and allows windows to detect the printer
> C.Visit the manufacturer's web site, and download the latest drivers
> for the printer
> D. use the add printer wizard, to connect to the printer.
>
> I answered C, so that he got the proper driver for the printer, and
> hopefully that'll save on future problems.
> But, the answer was D. If you use the printer wizzard to connect to the
> network printer, would you still need to get hold of the drivers, in
> order to make the printer work? or do you only need to install drivers
> for a local printer?
> Graham
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odd behavior with odd code Michael Speer C Programming 33 02-18-2007 07:31 AM
TEST TEST Test...Blah Blah Blah generalbatguano@pacbell.net Computer Support 2 09-15-2006 03:47 AM
TEST TEST Test...Blah Blah Blah Generalbatguano@pacbell.net Computer Support 6 09-13-2006 01:53 AM
TEST TEST TEST Gazwad Computer Support 2 09-05-2003 07:32 PM
test test test test test test test Computer Support 2 07-02-2003 06:02 PM



Advertisments