Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Query - hopefully someone can help

Query - hopefully someone can help

tk421

Hi

I'm currently studying for my MCDST exams and I just have a quick query.

I'm using exam cram 2 books as well as measureup but I’ve found a big
difference in the difficulty of questions. The practice tests in the exam
cram I'm scoring 90-100% where is on the measureup software I’m down to
70-85%. Due to this difference I’m not sure what's realistic of me to expect
for the actual Microsoft exam.

Is there a reference, or previous test or something that I can refer to to
get a better idea of what to expect from the actual?

Thanks for your assistance.

(Just as a side note by "previous test" I don't mean dumps or other
'cheating' type method, I simply want to get a better idea of how the
questions are worded and structured so I can study accordingly)

Taylor

I can't tell you how they're worded, however both of the MeasureUp
tests are, in my opinion, much more difficult than the actual exam. If
you go to a site called selftestsoftware.com ( which is the other
certified practice test provider of Microsoft ) you'll find that those
questions are "worded", per se, towards the difficulty of the actual
exam.

Either way, both the MeasureUp tests and the STS tests are not going to
have the exact questions that are listed on the exam, but some simliar
problems are presented. From what I've seen, most people here are
failing in the "Troubleshooting Network Protocols and Services" section
of the test. For that, again, I recommend going to www.technet.com and
searching the aformentioned section. You'll find something that deals
with the "Fundamentals of TCP/IP".

Also, make sure that you're studing out of a book that supports Service
Pack 2. If you're not, go to the book store and find something else.

Taylor

tk421

Hey Taylor

Thanks for your reply - I was hoping someone would say that the MeasureUp
questions were harder.

I'll check out technet too but it looks like I may need to get new study
material. The version of exam cram I’m using is only up to SP1 and OfficeXP.

I work in an environment that uses XP SP2 so I have a fairly decent working
knowledge of it's implementation in the 'real world'. I know it's probably a
personal opinion thing, but would you think (I’m assuming you've done the
tests) that that may be enough to tackle the types of questions about SP2
that I’m likely to encounter?

Thanks again for your reply I certainly appreciate the help.