Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed 70-271 with 949!!

Passed 70-271 with 949!!

Taylor

I just wanted to let you guys know that I passed the MCP 70-271 Exam
today with a 949! If anyone has any questions that don't violate the
NDA ( or if you ask me one that does, I'll tell you and then not answer
it ), please let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Taylor

Taylor

I've gotten a few e-mails since posting this earlier today in regards
to questions that a lot of people are asking that could better be
answered here. If any of you don't mind so everyone can see what is
asked, please post your question here so I can try and help you guys as
best as possible. Thanks!

Taylor

rask

taylor congratiolations man.
Whats the secret im taking it too soon
Rask
"Taylor" wrote:

> I've gotten a few e-mails since posting this earlier today in regards
> to questions that a lot of people are asking that could better be
> answered here. If any of you don't mind so everyone can see what is
> asked, please post your question here so I can try and help you guys as
> best as possible. Thanks!
>

> Taylor

rask

Hi Taylor

Is it easy? email me http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Whats the secret can you give me tips to get the exam?
if its ok and does not violate NDA

Rask

"Taylor" wrote:

> I just wanted to let you guys know that I passed the MCP 70-271 Exam
> today with a 949! If anyone has any questions that don't violate the
> NDA ( or if you ask me one that does, I'll tell you and then not answer
> it ), please let me know and I'd be happy to help!
>

> Taylor

Taylor

Like I said in a previous post about a week and a half ago, I failed
the exam the first time with a 677.

I can't sit back and say that I sat on my butt and did nothing the
entire week, but rather I found other ways to study once I knew what I
was presented with on the actual exam. Mainly, I did something that I
found to be very effective in High School - word and phrase association
to problem solving in a situation.

( Cited from memory from SelfTestSoftware 70-271 )
Example: You are a MCDST. You work for company XYZ. You have a
Windows XP Professional user that calls and complains that the would
like the sound icon to no longer display on her taskbar. How do you
instruct the user to perform this task?

Obviously, you go to the taskbar, left click, choose "Properties", in
the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", check "Hide inactive icons".
>From there, click customize, and then find the volume control icon and

change the viewing option to "Always Hide".

The solution in itself is a little in left field, but still, it's the
way to do it and prevent them from calling you back and asking how to
do it again because it showed back up.

How I found something like that easy to memorize was finding key words
that were in the problem. Remember, being a MCDST is mostly about
listening and finding the problem and what the solution is. I digress.
Key words and phrases - "sound icon" and "taskbar" = solution -
properties of the taskbar. If I'm unclear, please let me know.

Read up on some of the more newer posts and I've responded to something
that could help a lot of you guys out.

Taylor

Bas

Nice Going Taylor !! Keep it up. When are you planning on taking the 70 -
272. I am going for it myself tommorow.
"Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I just wanted to let you guys know that I passed the MCP 70-271 Exam
> today with a 949! If anyone has any questions that don't violate the
> NDA ( or if you ask me one that does, I'll tell you and then not answer
> it ), please let me know and I'd be happy to help!
>

> Taylor

rask

Thanks man your very good.
I will keep that in mind its a good tip.
Rask

"Taylor" wrote:

> Like I said in a previous post about a week and a half ago, I failed
> the exam the first time with a 677.
>
> I can't sit back and say that I sat on my butt and did nothing the
> entire week, but rather I found other ways to study once I knew what I
> was presented with on the actual exam. Mainly, I did something that I
> found to be very effective in High School - word and phrase association
> to problem solving in a situation.
>
> ( Cited from memory from SelfTestSoftware 70-271 )
> Example: You are a MCDST. You work for company XYZ. You have a
> Windows XP Professional user that calls and complains that the would
> like the sound icon to no longer display on her taskbar. How do you
> instruct the user to perform this task?
>
> Obviously, you go to the taskbar, left click, choose "Properties", in
> the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", check "Hide inactive icons".
> >From there, click customize, and then find the volume control icon and

> change the viewing option to "Always Hide".
>
> The solution in itself is a little in left field, but still, it's the
> way to do it and prevent them from calling you back and asking how to
> do it again because it showed back up.
>
> How I found something like that easy to memorize was finding key words
> that were in the problem. Remember, being a MCDST is mostly about
> listening and finding the problem and what the solution is. I digress.
> Key words and phrases - "sound icon" and "taskbar" = solution -
> properties of the taskbar. If I'm unclear, please let me know.
>
> Read up on some of the more newer posts and I've responded to something
> that could help a lot of you guys out.
>

> Taylor

Taylor

I plan on finishing my MCDST on November 28th. I'm in no particular
hurry, but I will have it this month. After that, I'll most likely go
get a CCNA, but don't quote me. Ultimately, I'm goaling towards an
MCSA. Just trying to make my resume look a little more appealing since
most employers wont go on sheer tech experience and private
consultation.

Taylor

sarath

hey Tayler.. first i have to thanks. your way is really helpfull. i am doing
same way. hopes everything gone a be ok.. thanks
--
Hands that help are holier than lips that pray.

"Taylor" wrote:

> Like I said in a previous post about a week and a half ago, I failed
> the exam the first time with a 677.
>
> I can't sit back and say that I sat on my butt and did nothing the
> entire week, but rather I found other ways to study once I knew what I
> was presented with on the actual exam. Mainly, I did something that I
> found to be very effective in High School - word and phrase association
> to problem solving in a situation.
>
> ( Cited from memory from SelfTestSoftware 70-271 )
> Example: You are a MCDST. You work for company XYZ. You have a
> Windows XP Professional user that calls and complains that the would
> like the sound icon to no longer display on her taskbar. How do you
> instruct the user to perform this task?
>
> Obviously, you go to the taskbar, left click, choose "Properties", in
> the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties", check "Hide inactive icons".
> >From there, click customize, and then find the volume control icon and

> change the viewing option to "Always Hide".
>
> The solution in itself is a little in left field, but still, it's the
> way to do it and prevent them from calling you back and asking how to
> do it again because it showed back up.
>
> How I found something like that easy to memorize was finding key words
> that were in the problem. Remember, being a MCDST is mostly about
> listening and finding the problem and what the solution is. I digress.
> Key words and phrases - "sound icon" and "taskbar" = solution -
> properties of the taskbar. If I'm unclear, please let me know.
>
> Read up on some of the more newer posts and I've responded to something
> that could help a lot of you guys out.
>

> Taylor

Taylor

No problem, e-mail me if you need more help Sarath.

Taylor