Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > I need study recommendations for 70-272

I need study recommendations for 70-272

Scott

Today I sat for exam 70-272 and walked away unhappy. I failed with a 579
score. Fortunately, I did OK a few months ago after taking exam 70-271, I
passed. So naturally I felt I would be successful with 70-272, especially
since I used the same study material for both exams - MS Press MCDST
Self-Paced Training Kit, 1st edition and Cram Exam2 (w/o SP2). I confess that
most of my real world troubleshooting experience centers around 70-271. I am
a PC repair technician.
I plan to take exam 70-272 again, but this time I need the help of a few
good study aids to compensate for my lack of experience configuring &
troubleshooting applications and configuring and troubleshooting connectivity
for applications (esp. Outlook).
Can anyone (preferably someone who passed 70-272) recommend any good study
aids (text or CBT).

Thanks
Scott
A+,MCP

PogingBaste

Hi Scott,

Have you heard the practice material called Test King. That will help you a
lot, hopefully. Though, you have experienced in this, sometimes you encounter
questions that you never tried to tackle in real world of troubleshooting and
computing as a technician.

So goodluck on your next try.

"Scott" wrote:

> Today I sat for exam 70-272 and walked away unhappy. I failed with a 579
> score. Fortunately, I did OK a few months ago after taking exam 70-271, I
> passed. So naturally I felt I would be successful with 70-272, especially
> since I used the same study material for both exams - MS Press MCDST
> Self-Paced Training Kit, 1st edition and Cram Exam2 (w/o SP2). I confess that
> most of my real world troubleshooting experience centers around 70-271. I am
> a PC repair technician.
> I plan to take exam 70-272 again, but this time I need the help of a few
> good study aids to compensate for my lack of experience configuring &
> troubleshooting applications and configuring and troubleshooting connectivity
> for applications (esp. Outlook).
> Can anyone (preferably someone who passed 70-272) recommend any good study
> aids (text or CBT).
>
> Thanks
> Scott
> A+,MCP

Dthmtlgod

Scott,

Test Kings are dumps, don't use these.

I passed the tests by using only the Microsoft Study Guide and going through
all included MeasureUp practice exams. There is always Transcender as well.

Doug

"PogingBaste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Scott,
>
> Have you heard the practice material called Test King. That will help you

> lot, hopefully. Though, you have experienced in this, sometimes you

encounter
> questions that you never tried to tackle in real world of troubleshooting

and
> computing as a technician.
>
> So goodluck on your next try.
>
> "Scott" wrote:
>
> > Today I sat for exam 70-272 and walked away unhappy. I failed with a 579
> > score. Fortunately, I did OK a few months ago after taking exam 70-271,

> > passed. So naturally I felt I would be successful with 70-272,

especially
> > since I used the same study material for both exams - MS Press MCDST
> > Self-Paced Training Kit, 1st edition and Cram Exam2 (w/o SP2). I confess

that
> > most of my real world troubleshooting experience centers around 70-271.

I am
> > a PC repair technician.
> > I plan to take exam 70-272 again, but this time I need the help of a

few
> > good study aids to compensate for my lack of experience configuring &
> > troubleshooting applications and configuring and troubleshooting

connectivity
> > for applications (esp. Outlook).
> > Can anyone (preferably someone who passed 70-272) recommend any good

study
> > aids (text or CBT).
> >
> > Thanks
> > Scott
> > A+,MCP

Mark Meadows

I used the Microsoft Press book, and found it really helpful. I took the
practice test in the back, which is sorted by objective, and then identified
which objectives I needed to focus on, rather than try to go through the
whole book. I felt the test questions in the microsoft book more closely
resembled the actual test than other publications.

Mark
"Dthmtlgod" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Scott,
>
> Test Kings are dumps, don't use these.
>
> I passed the tests by using only the Microsoft Study Guide and going
> through
> all included MeasureUp practice exams. There is always Transcender as
> well.
>
> Doug
>

> "PogingBaste" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> Have you heard the practice material called Test King. That will help you

>> lot, hopefully. Though, you have experienced in this, sometimes you

> encounter
>> questions that you never tried to tackle in real world of troubleshooting

> and
>> computing as a technician.
>>
>> So goodluck on your next try.
>>
>> "Scott" wrote:
>>
>> > Today I sat for exam 70-272 and walked away unhappy. I failed with a
>> > 579
>> > score. Fortunately, I did OK a few months ago after taking exam 70-271,

>> > passed. So naturally I felt I would be successful with 70-272,

> especially
>> > since I used the same study material for both exams - MS Press MCDST
>> > Self-Paced Training Kit, 1st edition and Cram Exam2 (w/o SP2). I
>> > confess

> that
>> > most of my real world troubleshooting experience centers around 70-271.

> I am
>> > a PC repair technician.
>> > I plan to take exam 70-272 again, but this time I need the help of a

> few
>> > good study aids to compensate for my lack of experience configuring &
>> > troubleshooting applications and configuring and troubleshooting

> connectivity
>> > for applications (esp. Outlook).
>> > Can anyone (preferably someone who passed 70-272) recommend any good

> study
>> > aids (text or CBT).
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Scott
>> > A+,MCP

PogingBaste

I found the Test King helpful but of course, I have the Microsoft books that
really helped me passed the tests. So goodluck to your test and say a little
prayer.

MitchS

Testkings are cheating.
nuff said

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

Douglas W Dunning

I just passed a couple of weeks ago, I used the MS press book, the measure
up practice (really useful) and the Sybex MCDST book which was helpful on
271 and 272.

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Today I sat for exam 70-272 and walked away unhappy. I failed with a 579
> score. Fortunately, I did OK a few months ago after taking exam 70-271, I
> passed. So naturally I felt I would be successful with 70-272, especially
> since I used the same study material for both exams - MS Press MCDST
> Self-Paced Training Kit, 1st edition and Cram Exam2 (w/o SP2). I confess
> that
> most of my real world troubleshooting experience centers around 70-271. I
> am
> a PC repair technician.
> I plan to take exam 70-272 again, but this time I need the help of a few
> good study aids to compensate for my lack of experience configuring &
> troubleshooting applications and configuring and troubleshooting
> connectivity
> for applications (esp. Outlook).
> Can anyone (preferably someone who passed 70-272) recommend any good study
> aids (text or CBT).
>
> Thanks
> Scott
> A+,MCP

brandon_masson@offclick.com

Brain dumps are only wastage of money. It can help you in passing the
exam but not enhance your knowledge and efficiency. I think for
practicing, simulation exam is a best option. I personally like
ucertify's simulation exam. It has excellent study guide and
technical articles with simulation questions.

T-Bone

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Brain dumps are only wastage of money. It can help you in passing the
> exam but not enhance your knowledge and efficiency.

Wrong, braindumps are cheating. Period. Anyone who says otherwise is a
wastage of air.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

rask

hello scott im rask i would like to take the mcdst exam how many questions do
they give you and how long?
thanks