Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Microsoft Office Excel in 70-272

Microsoft Office Excel in 70-272

Daniel

This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
70-272 exam.

I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271 and
70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the exam
relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the moment.

I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.

Regards,
Daniel

Wayne

The exam is supporting applications on XP, *not* how Word or Excel work
within themselves. Yes, there are questions about Outlook, Outlook Express
and Internet Explorer, but not how equations work in Excel. Look at how 16
and 32 bit apps run under XP and check the objectives at

Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz
MCNGP Silver

"Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OwZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
> 70-272 exam.
>
> I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271
> and 70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the
> exam relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the
> moment.
>
> I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Daniel

Thanks for your reply Wayne.

The reason I asked this question is because the official MCDST 70-272
Training Guide seems to expect the candidate to understand how equations
work in Excel and how to troubleshoot them (Lesson 2 Chapter 7).

Thanks again for your advice.
Daniel

"Wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u7T$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The exam is supporting applications on XP, *not* how Word or Excel work
> within themselves. Yes, there are questions about Outlook, Outlook Express
> and Internet Explorer, but not how equations work in Excel. Look at how 16
> and 32 bit apps run under XP and check the objectives at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp
>
> Wayne McGlinn
> Brisbane, Oz
> MCNGP Silver
>
> "Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OwZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
>> 70-272 exam.
>>
>> I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271
>> and 70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the
>> exam relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the
>> moment.
>>
>> I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel

Daniel

Thanks for your reply Wayne.

The reason I asked this question is because the official MCDST 70-272
Training Guide seems to expect the candidate to understand how equations
work in Excel and how to troubleshoot them (Lesson 2 Chapter 7).

Thanks again for your advice.
Daniel

"Wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u7T$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The exam is supporting applications on XP, *not* how Word or Excel work
> within themselves. Yes, there are questions about Outlook, Outlook Express
> and Internet Explorer, but not how equations work in Excel. Look at how 16
> and 32 bit apps run under XP and check the objectives at
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp
>
> Wayne McGlinn
> Brisbane, Oz
> MCNGP Silver
>
> "Daniel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OwZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
>> 70-272 exam.
>>
>> I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271
>> and 70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the
>> exam relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the
>> moment.
>>
>> I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel

Scott

I passed 70-271 a few months ago and I can honestly say that is was
challenge. I sat for 70-272 today and believe me - "it was even more of a
challenge". Unfortunately, I failed, not by much, but a fail is a fail.
Don't worry about Excel equations, you probably will not find those type of
questions on the test. What you should focus on is Outlook XP/2003 & Oulook
Express connected to an Exchange Server, Internet Explorer, and Windows XP
with SP2. There seemed to many questions about application (esp. Outlook &
IE)connectivity troubleshooting.
GOOD LUCK!

"Daniel" wrote:

> This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
> 70-272 exam.
>
> I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271 and
> 70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the exam
> relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the moment.
>
> I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

Daniel

Thanks for your advice Scott - which i followed and passed the exam
yesterday with 890 points! Only one question on Excel and that was related
to macros. No questions on any other Office application except for Outlook.

I've finally got my MCDST - only two exams left for my MCSA.

Best of luck when you retake 272.
Daniel

"Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I passed 70-271 a few months ago and I can honestly say that is was
> challenge. I sat for 70-272 today and believe me - "it was even more of a
> challenge". Unfortunately, I failed, not by much, but a fail is a fail.
> Don't worry about Excel equations, you probably will not find those type
> of
> questions on the test. What you should focus on is Outlook XP/2003 &
> Oulook
> Express connected to an Exchange Server, Internet Explorer, and Windows XP
> with SP2. There seemed to many questions about application (esp. Outlook
> &
> IE)connectivity troubleshooting.
> GOOD LUCK!
>
> "Daniel" wrote:
>
>> This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
>> 70-272 exam.
>>
>> I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271
>> and
>> 70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the exam
>> relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the
>> moment.
>>
>> I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel

ccrash1adt

What is a passing score on each test?

"Daniel" wrote:

> Thanks for your advice Scott - which i followed and passed the exam
> yesterday with 890 points! Only one question on Excel and that was related
> to macros. No questions on any other Office application except for Outlook.
>
> I've finally got my MCDST - only two exams left for my MCSA.
>
> Best of luck when you retake 272.
> Daniel
>

> "Scott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I passed 70-271 a few months ago and I can honestly say that is was
> > challenge. I sat for 70-272 today and believe me - "it was even more of a
> > challenge". Unfortunately, I failed, not by much, but a fail is a fail.
> > Don't worry about Excel equations, you probably will not find those type
> > of
> > questions on the test. What you should focus on is Outlook XP/2003 &
> > Oulook
> > Express connected to an Exchange Server, Internet Explorer, and Windows XP
> > with SP2. There seemed to many questions about application (esp. Outlook
> > &
> > IE)connectivity troubleshooting.
> > GOOD LUCK!
> >
> > "Daniel" wrote:
> >
> >> This message is for those who have already taken and failed or passed the
> >> 70-272 exam.
> >>
> >> I am currently studying hard for this exam having already passed 70-271
> >> and
> >> 70-270. Can anyone tell me whether there were many questions in the exam
> >> relating to Excel equations? I'm really struggling with these at the
> >> moment.
> >>
> >> I have the exam on Wednesday 19th October.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Daniel

MitchS

"ccrash1adt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is a passing score on each test?

700 as with all MS tests.

--
Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
Winnner plays, loser stays. Everyone's a winne - well, not everyone."

rydium

congrats man, iam just asking again do u encounter a lot of question in
office 2003 thanks. coz iam planning to take the exam on nov. 19 tanx a lot