Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Got the MCDST cert!

Got the MCDST cert!

DebB

Friday last I got my MCDST cert! Thank you, thank you everyone . If
you've got any questions fire away.

Thanks to everyone who gave me input on questions I had. Just reading the
newsgroup was invaluable.

Essentially I thought the 272 exam was harder (by far the most boring
anyway). I only got 781 which surprised me because I'm usually a higher
achiever than that. I didn't study as much for the 272 as I did for the 271
(866 score), and this is no doubt the reason.

The questions were a broad and even mixture of all the subject areas. A bit
of overlap on the 271, but not too bad.

I'm selling my MCDST books on Ebay (Aus residents only sorry) so if you're
interested let me know and I'll post a 'new post' here, with the link, in a
day or two. If this promotion offends you please keep in mind others might
be in NEED of second hand books due to their financial situation. I only
seek to give them the opportunity to acquire them at a fair price.

DebB (ebay - debgary465)

=Zero@HK=ASP.NET/VB

Cheer~~~~
Yes, i also feel that 272 is harder then 271...(you can see my post few day
ago)
i am thinking of go for CompTIA A+ or not, how about you, which cert you are
going on?

"DebB" wrote:

> Friday last I got my MCDST cert! Thank you, thank you everyone . If
> you've got any questions fire away.
>
> Thanks to everyone who gave me input on questions I had. Just reading the
> newsgroup was invaluable.
>
> Essentially I thought the 272 exam was harder (by far the most boring
> anyway). I only got 781 which surprised me because I'm usually a higher
> achiever than that. I didn't study as much for the 272 as I did for the 271
> (866 score), and this is no doubt the reason.
>
> The questions were a broad and even mixture of all the subject areas. A bit
> of overlap on the 271, but not too bad.
>
> I'm selling my MCDST books on Ebay (Aus residents only sorry) so if you're
> interested let me know and I'll post a 'new post' here, with the link, in a
> day or two. If this promotion offends you please keep in mind others might
> be in NEED of second hand books due to their financial situation. I only
> seek to give them the opportunity to acquire them at a fair price.
>
> DebB (ebay - debgary465)

DebB

Hi, The welcome kit is not a diploma but just some stuff to show off your
pass in 272 exam. This entitles you with the qualification MCP (Microsoft
Certified Professional). You'll need 271 before you become a fully qualified
MCDST (it's not a diploma, but a 'certification').

DebB

"=Zero@HK=ASP.NET/VB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cheer~~~~
> Yes, i also feel that 272 is harder then 271...(you can see my post few
> day
> ago)
> i am thinking of go for CompTIA A+ or not, how about you, which cert you
> are
> going on?
>
> "DebB" wrote:
>
>> Friday last I got my MCDST cert! Thank you, thank you everyone . If
>> you've got any questions fire away.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who gave me input on questions I had. Just reading the
>> newsgroup was invaluable.
>>
>> Essentially I thought the 272 exam was harder (by far the most boring
>> anyway). I only got 781 which surprised me because I'm usually a higher
>> achiever than that. I didn't study as much for the 272 as I did for the
>> 271
>> (866 score), and this is no doubt the reason.
>>
>> The questions were a broad and even mixture of all the subject areas. A
>> bit
>> of overlap on the 271, but not too bad.
>>
>> I'm selling my MCDST books on Ebay (Aus residents only sorry) so if
>> you're
>> interested let me know and I'll post a 'new post' here, with the link, in
>> day or two. If this promotion offends you please keep in mind others
>> might
>> be in NEED of second hand books due to their financial situation. I only
>> seek to give them the opportunity to acquire them at a fair price.
>>
>> DebB (ebay - debgary465)

Sal F

For those of you who said 70-272 was harder...do you handle desktop support
now with these applications? I work with them every day and am finding the
studying not as challenging as for the first exam.

"DebB" wrote:

> Hi, The welcome kit is not a diploma but just some stuff to show off your
> pass in 272 exam. This entitles you with the qualification MCP (Microsoft
> Certified Professional). You'll need 271 before you become a fully qualified
> MCDST (it's not a diploma, but a 'certification').
>

> DebB
>

> "=Zero@HK=ASP.NET/VB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Cheer~~~~
> > Yes, i also feel that 272 is harder then 271...(you can see my post few
> > day
> > ago)
> > i am thinking of go for CompTIA A+ or not, how about you, which cert you
> > are
> > going on?
> >
> > "DebB" wrote:
> >
> >> Friday last I got my MCDST cert! Thank you, thank you everyone . If
> >> you've got any questions fire away.
> >>
> >> Thanks to everyone who gave me input on questions I had. Just reading the
> >> newsgroup was invaluable.
> >>
> >> Essentially I thought the 272 exam was harder (by far the most boring
> >> anyway). I only got 781 which surprised me because I'm usually a higher
> >> achiever than that. I didn't study as much for the 272 as I did for the
> >> 271
> >> (866 score), and this is no doubt the reason.
> >>
> >> The questions were a broad and even mixture of all the subject areas. A
> >> bit
> >> of overlap on the 271, but not too bad.
> >>
> >> I'm selling my MCDST books on Ebay (Aus residents only sorry) so if
> >> you're
> >> interested let me know and I'll post a 'new post' here, with the link, in
> >> day or two. If this promotion offends you please keep in mind others
> >> might
> >> be in NEED of second hand books due to their financial situation. I only
> >> seek to give them the opportunity to acquire them at a fair price.
> >>
> >> DebB (ebay - debgary465)

Andy H

suprised you thought 272 was hard - I got 100% on it first time.
My exam prep was 271 which I took on Monday (899) and the "free" measureup
q's that ms are doing. Took me all day to go through the 175 q's on tuesday
and took the exam wednesday morning.

"DebB" wrote:

> Friday last I got my MCDST cert! Thank you, thank you everyone . If
> you've got any questions fire away.
>
> Thanks to everyone who gave me input on questions I had. Just reading the
> newsgroup was invaluable.
>
> Essentially I thought the 272 exam was harder (by far the most boring
> anyway). I only got 781 which surprised me because I'm usually a higher
> achiever than that. I didn't study as much for the 272 as I did for the 271
> (866 score), and this is no doubt the reason.

CBIC

Andy H wrote:
> suprised you thought 272 was hard - I got 100% on it first time.

Just curious, how do you know that you scored 100%?
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

Andy H

because every single question was correct and all the bar charts in the test
results were completely black.