Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCP Exam Scoring ....

MCP Exam Scoring ....

Devo-McDuff

Howdy People,

I recently passed the 70-271 exam with a score of 949 .... there were 61
questions and it said the pass mark was 700.

I know a pass is a pass and the score doesn't really matter but I'm really
curious about how the scoring works ..... can anyone explain?

I have heard people say that it all depends on the difficulty of the
questions and that the test is not scored out of 1000 ... but it must be out
of something? ... It wasn't an adaptive exam. It would seem very logical to
me that it is out of 1000 ... especially as in 3 of the 5 areas I scored
full marks. If anyone could solve this mystery for me I'd be very grateful!

Cheers,

Dan - Manchester, UK

PS If you're going to be taking 70-271 make sure you have SP2 covered!

MitchS

To the best of my knowledge that test is scored as most of the other MS
tests. Meaning the max score varies based on the draw of questions. So
there is a maximum score that is mathematically defined but highly unlikely
that you would get that question set. HTH

--
Mitch S.
MCSA, A+, Net+, CCNA

"Devo-McDuff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Howdy People,
>
> I recently passed the 70-271 exam with a score of 949 .... there were 61
> questions and it said the pass mark was 700.
>
> I know a pass is a pass and the score doesn't really matter but I'm
> really curious about how the scoring works ..... can anyone explain?
>
> I have heard people say that it all depends on the difficulty of the
> questions and that the test is not scored out of 1000 ... but it must be
> out of something? ... It wasn't an adaptive exam. It would seem very
> logical to me that it is out of 1000 ... especially as in 3 of the 5 areas
> I scored full marks. If anyone could solve this mystery for me I'd be
> very grateful!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dan - Manchester, UK
>
> PS If you're going to be taking 70-271 make sure you have SP2 covered!

Andy H

i think some questions are worth more than others, but 272 was marked out of
1000 with a pass mark of 700. they didnt publicise the total value, but
getting 100% in the exam gives it away really
I'd definately agree on the sp2 stuff - there were loads of questions on that.

"MitchS" wrote:

> To the best of my knowledge that test is scored as most of the other MS
> tests. Meaning the max score varies based on the draw of questions. So
> there is a maximum score that is mathematically defined but highly unlikely
> that you would get that question set. HTH

> > PS If you're going to be taking 70-271 make sure you have SP2 covered!

70-272 Exam Scoring? Bryce Nicholson MCDST 1 12-24-2007 12:19 AM
Bug in MCP exam scoring? Neil9327@gmail.com MCSE 25 05-05-2006 07:08 PM
Exam scoring ! liben christophe Microsoft Certification 6 02-21-2006 09:23 AM
Exam Scoring? Ant MCSE 6 04-29-2004 02:12 PM
Microsoft Changes Exam Scoring Dave Girvitz MCSD 2 08-22-2003 03:38 PM

Advertisments