Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Opinion on taking 70-271 or 70-272 first to get the MCDST cert?

Opinion on taking 70-271 or 70-272 first to get the MCDST cert?

Brian Newland

For those of you out there that have recently obtained the MCDST cert by
taking the two required exams, what's your opinion on taking 70-272 first
opposed to the traditional 271 then 272 order.

I'm just curious as I'm preparing to take both. I've heard a lot of talk
through this newsgroup about questions from the 70-271 exam overlapping onto
70-272.

The Rev [MCT]

I did them backwards. I didn't mean to necessarily, but I had registered for
both to do the same day. When the testing administrator logged me into the
system she started me with 272. no big deal. The exams are different enough
and don't really build on one another, so the order doesn't matter. Kinda
like when you take the A+ exams the order is irrelevant there too.

Good luck on the tests...

--
rev

MCT/MCNGP #44
..
"Brian Newland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> For those of you out there that have recently obtained the MCDST cert by
> taking the two required exams, what's your opinion on taking 70-272 first
> opposed to the traditional 271 then 272 order.
>
> I'm just curious as I'm preparing to take both. I've heard a lot of talk
> through this newsgroup about questions from the 70-271 exam overlapping
> onto
> 70-272.

Zero [HongKong]

i think if you are MCP beginner, i suggest 272 first,
i have passed 271 before, and now standby to 272,
i feel 272 is easy then 271.