Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 70-271 PASSED this morning.

70-271 PASSED this morning.

Methos

Took 70-271 this morning and glad to say I passed.

Test was much harder then expected, but ok. Tip for anyone who needs still
to pass this. Bone up on everything - Network / Shares / NTFS permissions /
VPN / Network connectivity issues (domain and workgroup) / Printers
(permissions).
They are the main ones, well bulk of my questions were about that stuff.
With one or two USB type ones, but dead easy.

Glad its over with now.. till the next cert. MCSA(2003)

Good Luck all who still to come.

Methos
MCDST, MCP, Network+, A+

Tmack

Methos,

Congrats on passing the MCDST. I thought it was a little harder then I
expected as well.

How hard are the A+/Net+ exams?

Daniel

Congratulations!

"Methos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Took 70-271 this morning and glad to say I passed.
>
> Test was much harder then expected, but ok. Tip for anyone who needs still
> to pass this. Bone up on everything - Network / Shares / NTFS permissions
> /
> VPN / Network connectivity issues (domain and workgroup) / Printers
> (permissions).
> They are the main ones, well bulk of my questions were about that stuff.
> With one or two USB type ones, but dead easy.
>
> Glad its over with now.. till the next cert. MCSA(2003)
>
> Good Luck all who still to come.
>
> Methos
> MCDST, MCP, Network+, A+

Methos

I did the A+ / Network + exams back in 2002
by that stage I had about 10years exp with PC's etc so I did not find them
that
hard, but they are usefull.

Both of these exams provide you alot of background theory (expecially
network+)
on how these things work.

Bonus is they are pretty easy to pass if you know a little about PC's in
general and
MS recognises them for credit to different certs like the MCSA for example.

Good luck with your study!

"Tmack" wrote:

> Methos,
>
> Congrats on passing the MCDST. I thought it was a little harder then I
> expected as well.
>
> How hard are the A+/Net+ exams?

milton

congratulations!