Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed 70-271 this morning ....

Passed 70-271 this morning ....

Devo

Howdy folks,

This was my first attempt at a cert ... phew .... don't know what I was
worried about. After a hell of a lot of studying I passed 70-271 today with
a score of 949 .... I got 3 out of 5 of the units all correct.

I could have probably passed without as much studying effort as I put in (I
have been in the IT industry since I was 15 and have just turned 23) but for
me it was not just about getting the cert ... I wanted to know it all inside
out, so it was nice to be rewarded with a good score.

Not that it really matters but how does the scoring work? The test wasn't
adaptive so it must be out something (if not 1000) .....

My exam was also 61 questions with 2 hours allowed. It was easier than I
expected and there were no suprise questions really .... if you cover the
core content you will be fine. Though I got at least 3 or 4 questions that
realted to SP2 and some of the questions (not the SP2 ones) were quite tricky
and didnt seem very logical.

I read the MS Press and Exam Cram 2 books and used the testing engines that
came with them .... the Measure up test engines are really good ... they are
harder than the actual exam ... which is a good thing in my opinion!

Now onto 70-272 for me, followed by the MCSA and MCSE hopefully!

Good luck with your exams peeps!

Cheers,

/Dan - Manchester, UK

GiRo SiNToRNiLLoS (Cyro Gearloose)

Hi Devo, this morning i also aprobed the 70-271 (933pts) and 70-272 (836pts)
exams.

I am from Santiago, CL