Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Questions about MCDST and MCSA

Questions about MCDST and MCSA

orteaga2k2

Hello all,
I have taken and passed 270 as wells as 271 and it's mainly thanks to
those of you giving information on study materials ( I used the MS Training
Kits). I am scheduled to take 272 next Friday...
My questions are these; once you have completed both the requirements for
MCDST and MCSA (while wanting to use the MCDST cert. as and elective), how
does Microsoft apply these certs (in other words, would you be recognized as
both a MCDST and a MCSA or just a MCSA?)?...
Do you have to call Microsoft and let them know you want to use the MCDST
cert. as an elective or is it automatically applied towards MCSA?
Do you receive a certificate of excellence for acquiring MCDST as well as
MCSA?
I have searched a while in these threads to find answers to the these
questions but have been unable to. I apologize if I just overlooked it,
though. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!!!
-orteaga2k2

Toby Jennings

orteaga2k2 wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have taken and passed 270 as wells as 271 and it's mainly thanks to
> those of you giving information on study materials ( I used the MS Training
> Kits). I am scheduled to take 272 next Friday...
> My questions are these; once you have completed both the requirements for
> MCDST and MCSA (while wanting to use the MCDST cert. as and elective), how
> does Microsoft apply these certs (in other words, would you be recognized as
> both a MCDST and a MCSA or just a MCSA?)?...
> Do you have to call Microsoft and let them know you want to use the MCDST
> cert. as an elective or is it automatically applied towards MCSA?
> Do you receive a certificate of excellence for acquiring MCDST as well as
> MCSA?
> I have searched a while in these threads to find answers to the these
> questions but have been unable to. I apologize if I just overlooked it,
> though. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!!!
> -orteaga2k2

You'll be known as an MCP, an MCDST, and as an MCSA. You ought to have a
certificate and wallet card and lapel pin for each (well, I don't know
if they still do it for "just" MCP). When you get your MCSE, you'll get
another certificate, wallet card, and lapel pin. My wallet card says
"MCP MCP+I MCSE MCSA" and is still attached to the postcard on which it
arrived. Should I be carrying it around?

orteaga2k2

"Toby Jennings" wrote:

> orteaga2k2 wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have taken and passed 270 as wells as 271 and it's mainly thanks to
> > those of you giving information on study materials ( I used the MS Training
> > Kits). I am scheduled to take 272 next Friday...
> > My questions are these; once you have completed both the requirements for
> > MCDST and MCSA (while wanting to use the MCDST cert. as and elective), how
> > does Microsoft apply these certs (in other words, would you be recognized as
> > both a MCDST and a MCSA or just a MCSA?)?...
> > Do you have to call Microsoft and let them know you want to use the MCDST
> > cert. as an elective or is it automatically applied towards MCSA?
> > Do you receive a certificate of excellence for acquiring MCDST as well as
> > MCSA?
> > I have searched a while in these threads to find answers to the these
> > questions but have been unable to. I apologize if I just overlooked it,
> > though. Thanks in advance for any information anyone can provide!!!
> > -orteaga2k2
> >

> You'll be known as an MCP, an MCDST, and as an MCSA. You ought to have a
> certificate and wallet card and lapel pin for each (well, I don't know
> if they still do it for "just" MCP). When you get your MCSE, you'll get
> another certificate, wallet card, and lapel pin. My wallet card says
> "MCP MCP+I MCSE MCSA" and is still attached to the postcard on which it
> arrived. Should I be carrying it around?

Good question... I am only doing this to further my career and, at some
point, teach. I don't know what happened to my card when I became an MCP...
In fact, I can't remeber much of anything after Battlefield 2 was released...
Everything is a massive multiplayer blur... Thanks for you response,
though! It's good to know at least I will get something for the hundreds of
dollars I have spent.

Mcse,Mcsa,Mcitp,Mcts,Mcdst,Mcpd @Home..Without Tests And Study(PayAfter Check Results on MCP Site) cert_king1@yahoo.com MCSE 0 01-23-2009 09:41 AM
Just passed MCDST and start MCSA Night Man MCSA 2 04-24-2006 06:20 PM
MCDST, MCSA, MCSE Cert Track Questions =?Utf-8?B?UnVzc2VsbA==?= Microsoft Certification 3 03-22-2006 01:17 AM
MCDST and MCSA Marvin Martian MCDST 1 02-18-2004 01:54 AM
MCSA and MCDST Dave MCDST 3 02-01-2004 09:19 PM

Advertisments