Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Exam 20-270 Prep

Exam 20-270 Prep

Scott

Hello I am a A+ tech with my own computer repair business.
I have read the MS Press MCDST study book for exam 70-271, and completd the
MeasureUp Readiness review questions on the CD included with the book.
Immediately after completing the book I began to take the MeasureUp
simulation exams on the CD. I was averaging 45 to 50 percent "failures".
After reviewing the the incorrect answers I was able to increase my score to
85 to 95 percent. The explanations offered for the "correct" answers were a
big help, by making the subject matter more comprehensive. But I must confess
that my memory played a significant role in helping me to acheive those
scores.
If the questions on the actual exam are similar to the MeasureUp sim exams I
should do well. But if not I may walk away with a 50% score and $125. less.
Due to my doubts and fears I am planning to order MCDST study CDs from
LearnKey or CBT Nuggets.
To someone who has taken tthe 70-270 exam - do you think that I am ready
with my before and after scores?

Scott

tokyodrifter

Well, I just took the 70-271 exam, like 10 minutes ago!

Passed with 866, PHEW.

I read the MS Press book and tried 2 of the practice tests on the
accompanying CD, scoring 73% and 85%, if that's any guide.

I only read the 12 core chapters and skim-read the SP2 appendix A on the CD.

There were some gaps in my knowledge. I remember some questions about
Security Configuration and Analysis, secedit.exe and .inf files which meant
nothing to me, though I think I guessed right having now looked up the info!

There were a lot of questions on TCPIP and some were more in depth than the
MS Press book covered.

Michel Vaillant

Hi,

I had the same doubts my first exam, acing the measure up tests just because
I could answer without looking at the questions, just the answers.
I tried some free demo tests (10 question stuff) and I noticed I scored
sufficiently to pass so I took my test and everything went great.
I didn't had questions like on the Measureup, but the style was the same AND
reading the corrections of the questions (even the ones I answered right)
made me pass for sure!
When registering for your test, use the 2nd free shot promo that MS offers
on their mcdst website and you ain't taking no risks!

Grtz,

news:(E-Mail Removed)...