Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Comments on 70-271 passed today

Comments on 70-271 passed today

Jerry Mills

Whew, passed on first try. First time taking any cert tests.

For those who are procrastinating, like I did for YEARS, I would suggest you
don't wait until you think you are ready. Just schedule the test, give
yourself a month or so study time, and get it on. That's what I ended up
doing and it put me in the position of having to study because I had a test
date confirmed. That said, I would have to say that I found the Measure Up
sample questions to be very good preparation. The ones that come on the CD
with the MS Press book for 70-271 were good. I used that along with the
book. I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as
well. Another good resource I used was the MS Press Book WindowsXP Inside
and Out. Taking the sample tests and using the books to review the missed
questions worked quite well for me. I actually thought the MeasureUp sample
tests were harder then the actual test. Did I ace the test? No, but I'm
happy with the 866 that I got. If I ever get a handle on Share vs NTFS
permissions and effects of combining, I could come close to acing it? That
was weak for me. But that brings up another point. You can be weak in one
area as long as you can offset it by being strong in the others.

--

Jerry Mills

http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
http://spider1.blogspot.com/

Michel Vaillant

Congratz !!

"Jerry Mills" <jerry.mills@(remove no spam)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whew, passed on first try. First time taking any cert tests.
>
> For those who are procrastinating, like I did for YEARS, I would suggest

you
> don't wait until you think you are ready. Just schedule the test, give
> yourself a month or so study time, and get it on. That's what I ended up
> doing and it put me in the position of having to study because I had a

test
> date confirmed. That said, I would have to say that I found the Measure

Up
> sample questions to be very good preparation. The ones that come on the

CD
> with the MS Press book for 70-271 were good. I used that along with the
> book. I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as
> well. Another good resource I used was the MS Press Book WindowsXP Inside
> and Out. Taking the sample tests and using the books to review the missed
> questions worked quite well for me. I actually thought the MeasureUp

sample
> tests were harder then the actual test. Did I ace the test? No, but I'm
> happy with the 866 that I got. If I ever get a handle on Share vs NTFS
> permissions and effects of combining, I could come close to acing it?

That
> was weak for me. But that brings up another point. You can be weak in

one
> area as long as you can offset it by being strong in the others.
>
> --
>
> Jerry Mills
>
> http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
> http://spider1.blogspot.com/

Hartman

Jerry, that is so funny. I have been doing the samething for YEARS. On
June 1st, I made up my mind, scheduled the test for July 1st and I had to
study. I passed as well.

Maybe someone can shed some light on this, but aren't Test King products
braindumps?

"Jerry Mills" <jerry.mills@(remove no spam)gmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whew, passed on first try. First time taking any cert tests.
>
> For those who are procrastinating, like I did for YEARS, I would suggest
> you don't wait until you think you are ready. Just schedule the test,
> give yourself a month or so study time, and get it on. That's what I
> ended up doing and it put me in the position of having to study because I
> had a test date confirmed. That said, I would have to say that I found
> the Measure Up sample questions to be very good preparation. The ones
> that come on the CD with the MS Press book for 70-271 were good. I used
> that along with the book. I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes
> they were helpful as well. Another good resource I used was the MS Press
> Book WindowsXP Inside and Out. Taking the sample tests and using the
> books to review the missed questions worked quite well for me. I actually
> thought the MeasureUp sample tests were harder then the actual test. Did
> I ace the test? No, but I'm happy with the 866 that I got. If I ever get
> a handle on Share vs NTFS permissions and effects of combining, I could
> come close to acing it? That was weak for me. But that brings up another
> point. You can be weak in one area as long as you can offset it by being
> strong in the others.
>
> --
>
> Jerry Mills
>
> http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
> http://spider1.blogspot.com/

Jerry Mills

Great minds think alike. Congrats on your passing as well. No, the ones I
got from Test King were not brain dumps. If they were, then they were
miserably bad because I do not recall seeing one question that came directly
from them. Test King is simply a series of questions that you might see on
the test along with explanations of the answers and references to read more
about the concepts. The only help I think Test King was, was in helping me
identify the areas I needed to brush up on more then others. In other words,
they covered the concepts OK. Actually, I think the MeasureUp tests are much
closer to the actual test. I recalled several questions on the test that I
had seen in the MeasureUp tests. I actually found two Test King questions
that were wrong and sent them screen shots to prove it to them. I got a weak
apology from them. I lost a little confidence in that source after that. I
won't spend the money on Test King for the 272 test, I'll just stick with
MeasureUp.
--

Jerry Mills
http://spider1.blogspot.com/

"Hartman" wrote:

> Jerry, that is so funny. I have been doing the samething for YEARS. On
> June 1st, I made up my mind, scheduled the test for July 1st and I had to
> study. I passed as well.
>
> Maybe someone can shed some light on this, but aren't Test King products
> braindumps?
>

> "Jerry Mills" <jerry.mills@(remove no spam)gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Whew, passed on first try. First time taking any cert tests.
> >
> > For those who are procrastinating, like I did for YEARS, I would suggest
> > you don't wait until you think you are ready. Just schedule the test,
> > give yourself a month or so study time, and get it on. That's what I
> > ended up doing and it put me in the position of having to study because I
> > had a test date confirmed. That said, I would have to say that I found
> > the Measure Up sample questions to be very good preparation. The ones
> > that come on the CD with the MS Press book for 70-271 were good. I used
> > that along with the book. I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes
> > they were helpful as well. Another good resource I used was the MS Press
> > Book WindowsXP Inside and Out. Taking the sample tests and using the
> > books to review the missed questions worked quite well for me. I actually
> > thought the MeasureUp sample tests were harder then the actual test. Did
> > I ace the test? No, but I'm happy with the 866 that I got. If I ever get
> > a handle on Share vs NTFS permissions and effects of combining, I could
> > come close to acing it? That was weak for me. But that brings up another
> > point. You can be weak in one area as long as you can offset it by being
> > strong in the others.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Jerry Mills
> >
> > http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
> > http://spider1.blogspot.com/

Hartman

I also seen quite a few questions on the test from the MeasureUp questions.

"Jerry Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>> > used
>> > that along with the book. I also used Test King's sample questions.
>> > Yes
>> > they were helpful as well. Another good resource I used was the MS
>> > Press
>> > Book WindowsXP Inside and Out. Taking the sample tests and using the
>> > books to review the missed questions worked quite well for me. I
>> > actually
>> > thought the MeasureUp sample tests were harder then the actual test.
>> > Did
>> > I ace the test? No, but I'm happy with the 866 that I got. If I ever
>> > get
>> > a handle on Share vs NTFS permissions and effects of combining, I could
>> > come close to acing it? That was weak for me. But that brings up
>> > another
>> > point. You can be weak in one area as long as you can offset it by

CBIC

No, the
> ones I got from Test King were not brain dumps.

Bull.

If they were, then
> they were miserably bad because I do not recall seeing one question
> that came directly from them.

The pool of questions is very large.

What the H3ll do you think a br@indump is?

Actually, I think the MeasureUp tests are much
> closer to the actual test. I recalled several questions on the test
> that I had seen in the MeasureUp tests.

Yet MeasureUp is approved by M$ while TK is not. Weird huh?

I actually found two Test
> King questions that were wrong

This is not uncommon.

and sent them screen shots to prove it
> to them. I got a weak apology from them. I lost a little confidence
> in that source after that.

Good glad to hear it.

I won't spend the money on Test King for
> the 272 test, I'll just stick with MeasureUp.

Good for you. Then I won't have to report you to tctips again.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38

T-Bone

"Jerry Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as well.

Very good of you to admit in a public forum controlled by MS that you
cheated on an MS exam.
--
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

EJ

He may not have known it to be cheating. I didn't know it a month ago. The
only reason I've never used them myself is that I couldn't see paying for
practice tests on line when they come free with MS books.
Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else does as well.
It's like being drunk. When you're drunk you assume that everyone else is,
too. Not always the case.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jerry Mills" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >I also used Test King's sample questions. Yes they were helpful as well.

> Very good of you to admit in a public forum controlled by MS that you
> cheated on an MS exam.
> --
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

CBIC

EJ wrote:
> He may not have known it to be cheating. I didn't know it a month
> ago. The only reason I've never used them myself is that I couldn't
> see paying for practice tests on line when they come free with MS
> books.
> Just because you know something doesn't mean everyone else does as
> well. It's like being drunk. When you're drunk you assume that
> everyone else is, too. Not always the case.

Sorry, but saying "Gee officer, I didn't know I couldn't drive 90 mph while
smoking crack" doesn't get you out of trouble either.
--
aka
Doom MCNGP #38
Some people are like a Slinky.
Not good for much but still fun to push down a flight of stairs.

Jerry Mills

I have no clue who you are but I certainly resent the implication you are
making that I cheated. Feel free to report me to whoever you please, I have
no problem defending anything I did to prepare for my test. I challenge you
to post one piece of evidence from the Test King website that makes them a
"brain dump". Do you have a clue as to what a brain dump really is? (That's
a rehtorical question, I already know the answer) Are you saying that the
MeasureUp questions that MIcrosoft includes with their training kit is also a
brain dump? If not, how do they differ from Test King? Trancenders are
brain dumps? Get a clue please before you so rudely throw your accusations
around. I don't like my integrity questioned by your ignorance.
--

Jerry Mills
http://spider1.blogspot.com/