Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Time Limit between Exams?

Time Limit between Exams?

Jacob

Hello, I am currently preparing to take the MCDST 70-271 and 70-272 exams.
After passing one exam, is there a time duration limit microsoft requires
that the other test be completed, in order to gain certification?

I.E. Can I theoretically take 271, pass, and take 272 a year later, pass and
gain certification? Or does microsoft want us to take both tests
consecutively and completed under a certain time frame? (i.e. 3 months, etc).

With work, kids, and everything else, I do not have the amount of free time
to study as I would like. Personally, I would rather concentrate on studying
for one exam, passing it, then moving on to studying for the next one.
Rather than studying for both at the same time. Although, if there is a time
duration between the two tests, I will probably just figure out a way to
study for both simultaneously.

bob

I think as long as the exam is offered and the Certificate is still
available, there is no duration. But I'm sure someone else will be able to
provide you a with an official link.

Answer to question, No.

bob

"Jacob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello, I am currently preparing to take the MCDST 70-271 and 70-272 exams.
> After passing one exam, is there a time duration limit microsoft requires
> that the other test be completed, in order to gain certification?
>
> I.E. Can I theoretically take 271, pass, and take 272 a year later, pass

and
> gain certification? Or does microsoft want us to take both tests
> consecutively and completed under a certain time frame? (i.e. 3 months,

etc).

> With work, kids, and everything else, I do not have the amount of free

time
> to study as I would like. Personally, I would rather concentrate on

studying
> for one exam, passing it, then moving on to studying for the next one.
> Rather than studying for both at the same time. Although, if there is a

time
> duration between the two tests, I will probably just figure out a way to
> study for both simultaneously.

Henry Gerloff

Also i had done the 271 and 272 together in 120 Minutes. There was no
problem with MS.

cu,

Henry

"bob" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think as long as the exam is offered and the Certificate is still
> available, there is no duration. But I'm sure someone else will be able to
> provide you a with an official link.
>
> Answer to question, No.
>
> bob
>
> "Jacob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello, I am currently preparing to take the MCDST 70-271 and 70-272
>> exams.
>> After passing one exam, is there a time duration limit microsoft requires
>> that the other test be completed, in order to gain certification?
>>
>> I.E. Can I theoretically take 271, pass, and take 272 a year later, pass

> and
>> gain certification? Or does microsoft want us to take both tests
>> consecutively and completed under a certain time frame? (i.e. 3 months,

> etc).
>>
>> With work, kids, and everything else, I do not have the amount of free

> time
>> to study as I would like. Personally, I would rather concentrate on

> studying
>> for one exam, passing it, then moving on to studying for the next one.
>> Rather than studying for both at the same time. Although, if there is a

> time
>> duration between the two tests, I will probably just figure out a way to
>> study for both simultaneously.

GKSmith

I think there is a minimum time between tests if you fail one.

If you fail a test, MS will not let you take it again for 2 weeks.

There is no time limit between two different exams.

There was a guy who took the 70-240(?) (upgrade track from NT4 to W2k) exam.
Failed. You only got one free attempt at that exam with outlandish
requirements to pass. The exam covered 4 W2k exams. The guy came back the
next day, and took the 4 W2k exams back-to-back...and passed each.

Shawn Dafoe

It can happen - either you get x number of questions you know
(Congratulations!! You passed!!) or don't know (Sorry!! Try again!!).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...