Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Books and Free Online Training

Books and Free Online Training

Micah Ezzell

I picked up MS Press' two books on MCDST. Would anyone recommend these
books?

If I pass the exams using these books I will recommend them at the time.

Also, Microsoft is offering free online training and free practice tests for
the MCDST. Here's the link

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcdst/

Just need a .NET passport.

Tmack

I don't care for MS Press books. I have the 70-270 book and I ended
up going out to buy the Sybex book.

As far as the online training, I thought it was awful. The multimedia
portion put me to sleep. The voice over sounds like a robot and the
content was week. I just didn't learn anything.

Robert

Hi Tmack
I agree with you that It 's too much multimedia. Anyway Where i can get the
70-270 and another books.

Robert

"Tmack" wrote:

> I don't care for MS Press books. I have the 70-270 book and I ended
> up going out to buy the Sybex book.
>
> As far as the online training, I thought it was awful. The multimedia
> portion put me to sleep. The voice over sounds like a robot and the
> content was week. I just didn't learn anything.

Micah E.

Well, maybe that's your problem. Your using a book for 70-270 when the MCDST
is 70-271 and 272. Anyways. I've been using the MSPress book for 70-271 and
it has done just fine for me. Of course I suppose if you actually have
experience with XP the MS books just complement that experience. If you
don't have any experience you will likely go pick up the "Sybex" book.

Maybe it isn't the online training but it is you. You say it put you to
sleep; perhaps you should see a physician. sounds to me like you have ADD.

news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...