Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Worthwhile in US ??

Worthwhile in US ??

RMP

Is there really a need for this certification or are those jobs going
oversees ?
Are people getting jobs ??
Give me your input.....please

Thanks in advance...

RMP

JMM

I just got a job as a DST. there will always be DST jobs in america because
smaller companies cant send those services overseas. Like my company, it's a
title/mortgage company with 2100 employees. our IT dept consists of 18 guys,
throughout cali, az, and vegas. there are only 5 at my building in phoenix.
there will always be a need for on-site DST's.

"RMP" wrote:

> Is there really a need for this certification or are those jobs going
> oversees ?
> Are people getting jobs ??
> Give me your input.....please
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> RMP

Spider

5/28/2005 8:06:49 AM
RMP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed)>

> Is there really a need for this certification or are those jobs

going
> oversees ?
> Are people getting jobs ??
> Give me your input.....please
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> RMP

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. IMHO, the jobs
that are going over seas are mostly utilized by computer related
companies who see providing support as a necessary evil to doing
whatever computer related business they are in. In other words, they
don't really want to provide support but realize they have to. There
are many companies both large and small whose business has nothing to
do with computers, but they rely on the PC for their very existence.
These companies realize that support is critical. It has to be fast
and efficeint so they can maintain production. These are the
companies that you want to identify and target for employment if you
are not going to freelance. There are plenty of them out there. A
certification on your resume certainly will not hurt your chances and
will probably get you an interview. An interview is all you need to
get your foot in the door, then it is up to you.

Spider

http://spiderathome.blogspot.com/
http://spider1.blogspot.com/

IMHO many of the computer jobs going overseas will eventually return. Users
will prefer to deal with companies based locally where there isn't the
cultural and language differences that can cause misunderstanding.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...