Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > 15 Year Old DST

15 Year Old DST

Alfredo Ureña

Hey mi name is alfredo and today i passed the 70-272 exam with 836 i passed
both exams with 1 week of difference

I just got MCDST and im 15 years old, is it a good success for me?

Because i still cant get a job

Jason

It's a feather in your cap at this point. How are you classifying yourself
as a DST if you either don't have and/or cannot get a job? The DST
indicates some measure of experience in the field which means you have
practical experience, whether you pay taxes on the services you provide or
not.

"Alfredo Ureña" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey mi name is alfredo and today i passed the 70-272 exam with 836 i
> passed both exams with 1 week of difference
>
> I just got MCDST and im 15 years old, is it a good success for me?
>
> Because i still cant get a job

Panicking in Prince George

Congrats Alfredo! Yes, this is definitely a success for you and you are
obviously on the right career path.

Don't pay too much attention to Jason, he's a bit of a downer on this board.
Continue your studies and while you are waiting to become employed do
volunteer work for not-for-profit organizations or look for some
job-shadowing opportunities.

Best of luck in the future!

"Jason" wrote:

> It's a feather in your cap at this point. How are you classifying yourself
> as a DST if you either don't have and/or cannot get a job? The DST
> indicates some measure of experience in the field which means you have
> practical experience, whether you pay taxes on the services you provide or
> not.
>
> "Alfredo Ureña" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hey mi name is alfredo and today i passed the 70-272 exam with 836 i
> > passed both exams with 1 week of difference
> >
> > I just got MCDST and im 15 years old, is it a good success for me?
> >
> > Because i still cant get a job

Jason

Didn't realize I was being a downer...just noting that DST stands for
Desktop Support Technician, and as such, he should be able to provide
evidence of supporting desktops. Any employer willing to hire will want to
see evidence of this experience. I was asking the question for him then
providing possible answers (i.e. e.g. contract work for family and friends -
which by the way DOES count imho)...

Very much offering congrats to a 14 year old DST as that shows incredible
aptitude and motivation to go after what you are interested in...apologies
if I did not blow enough sunshine there....

"Panicking in Prince George"
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congrats Alfredo! Yes, this is definitely a success for you and you are
> obviously on the right career path.
>
> Don't pay too much attention to Jason, he's a bit of a downer on this
> board.
> Continue your studies and while you are waiting to become employed do
> volunteer work for not-for-profit organizations or look for some
> job-shadowing opportunities.
>
> Best of luck in the future!
>
> "Jason" wrote:
>
>> It's a feather in your cap at this point. How are you classifying
>> yourself
>> as a DST if you either don't have and/or cannot get a job? The DST
>> indicates some measure of experience in the field which means you have
>> practical experience, whether you pay taxes on the services you provide
>> or
>> not.
>>
>> "Alfredo Ureña" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hey mi name is alfredo and today i passed the 70-272 exam with 836 i
>> > passed both exams with 1 week of difference
>> >
>> > I just got MCDST and im 15 years old, is it a good success for me?
>> >
>> > Because i still cant get a job

Dave

Hi

Doesn't matter what MS qualifications you have - it is real world experience
that counts.

DST is so easy - it is a waste of time!! I passed with no course, revision
or anything.

Dave

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Didn't realize I was being a downer...just noting that DST stands for
> Desktop Support Technician, and as such, he should be able to provide
> evidence of supporting desktops. Any employer willing to hire will want
> to see evidence of this experience. I was asking the question for him
> then providing possible answers (i.e. e.g. contract work for family and
> friends - which by the way DOES count imho)...
>
> Very much offering congrats to a 14 year old DST as that shows incredible
> aptitude and motivation to go after what you are interested in...apologies
> if I did not blow enough sunshine there....
>
> "Panicking in Prince George"
> <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Congrats Alfredo! Yes, this is definitely a success for you and you are
>> obviously on the right career path.
>>
>> Don't pay too much attention to Jason, he's a bit of a downer on this
>> board.
>> Continue your studies and while you are waiting to become employed do
>> volunteer work for not-for-profit organizations or look for some
>> job-shadowing opportunities.
>>
>> Best of luck in the future!
>>
>> "Jason" wrote:
>>
>>> It's a feather in your cap at this point. How are you classifying
>>> yourself
>>> as a DST if you either don't have and/or cannot get a job? The DST
>>> indicates some measure of experience in the field which means you have
>>> practical experience, whether you pay taxes on the services you provide
>>> or
>>> not.
>>>
>>> "Alfredo Ureña" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

bob

Congratulations on the MCDST. I'd agree with George on getting a job
that takes in volunteers - it could be pretty difficult getting a
professional job
at your age.

And Dave, if DST was such a waste of time, why'd you spend the $200 buks
to do it??

Congrats Alfredo!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Doesn't matter what MS qualifications you have - it is real world

experience
> that counts.
>
> DST is so easy - it is a waste of time!! I passed with no course,

revision
> or anything.
>
> Dave
>
> "Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Didn't realize I was being a downer...just noting that DST stands for
> > Desktop Support Technician, and as such, he should be able to provide
> > evidence of supporting desktops. Any employer willing to hire will want
> > to see evidence of this experience. I was asking the question for him
> > then providing possible answers (i.e. e.g. contract work for family and
> > friends - which by the way DOES count imho)...
> >
> > Very much offering congrats to a 14 year old DST as that shows

incredible
> > aptitude and motivation to go after what you are interested

in...apologies
> > if I did not blow enough sunshine there....
> >
> > "Panicking in Prince George"
> > <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Congrats Alfredo! Yes, this is definitely a success for you and you are
> >> obviously on the right career path.
> >>
> >> Don't pay too much attention to Jason, he's a bit of a downer on this
> >> board.
> >> Continue your studies and while you are waiting to become employed do
> >> volunteer work for not-for-profit organizations or look for some
> >> job-shadowing opportunities.
> >>
> >> Best of luck in the future!

provide

Davin Eastley

Hello Alfredo,

Well Done!! That's great. My name is Davin Eastley and I'm 13 years old. I
am training for the MCAD Certification (a developer certification). I wish
you the best in your future of being a desktop technician. I live in
Tasmania, Australia. How many years of experience have you had? Feel free to
e-mail me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

Regards,
Davin Eastley

www.davineastley.tk