Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Microsoft Cert fees

Microsoft Cert fees

Steve

I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone else I can register with besides
Vue and Prometric that is affordable. I can't seem to find any discount codes
right now and the price is $125. Also, I have been doing desktop support for
2 years and already have 70-270. Should I just go take the test or do you
think I should buy a book for 70-271 and 70-272 and study?

Jason

Vue and Prometric are the only ones, and the price is set in an agreement
with Microsoft. When you look at the cost of MS exams versus vendor-neutral
and other vendor-specific exams, you are actually getting quite the bargain!
CompTia runs $145 per exam, and Cisco runs at $175 I think.

As far as preparation, take a few practice exams at MS site and see how you
do. You are the only one who can estimate your level of preparation with
any measure of accuracy.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone else I can register with besides
> Vue and Prometric that is affordable. I can't seem to find any discount
> codes
> right now and the price is $125. Also, I have been doing desktop support
> for
> 2 years and already have 70-270. Should I just go take the test or do you
> think I should buy a book for 70-271 and 70-272 and study?

The Rev [MCT]

And higher. The CompTIA start at $145. Some of those exams (Server+,
Security+) are well more then $200

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com
..
"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Vue and Prometric are the only ones, and the price is set in an agreement
> with Microsoft. When you look at the cost of MS exams versus
> vendor-neutral and other vendor-specific exams, you are actually getting
> quite the bargain! CompTia runs $145 per exam, and Cisco runs at $175 I
> think.
>
> As far as preparation, take a few practice exams at MS site and see how
> you do. You are the only one who can estimate your level of preparation
> with any measure of accuracy.
>
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone else I can register with besides
>> Vue and Prometric that is affordable. I can't seem to find any discount
>> codes
>> right now and the price is $125. Also, I have been doing desktop support
>> for
>> 2 years and already have 70-270. Should I just go take the test or do you
>> think I should buy a book for 70-271 and 70-272 and study?

Jason

Really? When I took security+ *cough cough* years ago I paid $125....wow,
must be in demand these days or something...

"The Rev [MCT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> And higher. The CompTIA start at $145. Some of those exams (Server+,
> Security+) are well more then $200
>
> --
> "The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44
> I may sound arrogant at times, but that's only because I'm always right.
>
> Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
> justafreak.com
> .
> "Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Vue and Prometric are the only ones, and the price is set in an agreement
>> with Microsoft. When you look at the cost of MS exams versus
>> vendor-neutral and other vendor-specific exams, you are actually getting
>> quite the bargain! CompTia runs $145 per exam, and Cisco runs at $175 I
>> think.
>>
>> As far as preparation, take a few practice exams at MS site and see how
>> you do. You are the only one who can estimate your level of preparation
>> with any measure of accuracy.
>>
>> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone else I can register with
>>>besides
>>> Vue and Prometric that is affordable. I can't seem to find any discount
>>> codes
>>> right now and the price is $125. Also, I have been doing desktop support
>>> for
>>> 2 years and already have 70-270. Should I just go take the test or do
>>> you
>>> think I should buy a book for 70-271 and 70-272 and study?

The Rev [MCT]

Yeah the sec+ Exam is $225

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44