Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > good Study Guide for exam

good Study Guide for exam

Jack Tucker

visit www.hotcert.biz

Ronathospice

Trolling A$S$S$F$U$C$K$E$R!!!!!

"Jack Tucker" wrote:

> visit www.hotcert.biz

T-Bone

"Ronathospice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Trolling A$S$S$F$U$C$K$E$R!!!!!

I was wondering when someone was going to get around to that.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Jason

*sigh*

People, people....when these trolls run around and post their wares, if
noone responds...then MS can remove from the newsgroup, but responding
forces them to leave the message up because there is now an opinion attached
to it...stop responding to them and they will eventually go away...

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Ronathospice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Trolling A$S$S$F$U$C$K$E$R!!!!!
>>

> I was wondering when someone was going to get around to that.
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

T-Bone

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> People, people....when these trolls run around and post their wares,

Trolls and spammers are two different things.

> if noone responds...then MS can remove from the newsgroup

If MS can remove a single message, why can't they remove the whole thread?
Anyway, not all news server support cancels, so the entire thread can never
be totally eradicated.

> stop responding to them and they will eventually go away...

They will not go away if people visit their sites. Warning others that this
sites promotes cheating will hopefully deter some people from going there
thinking this is a legitimate site.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Jason

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> People, people....when these trolls run around and post their wares,

> Trolls and spammers are two different things.

Fair point...but I was using "troll" as a negative term for the mentality of
the spammers. While the two entities are indeed different (I think spammers
have fewer HP in AD&D),

>> if noone responds...then MS can remove from the newsgroup

> If MS can remove a single message, why can't they remove the whole thread?
> Anyway, not all news server support cancels, so the entire thread can
> never
> be totally eradicated.

From what I understand, MS has a policy whereby advertisementss or blatent
attempts at advertisements are deleted from newsgroups. If, however,
someone expresses an opinion as to the ad placement, then it is now not just
an ad, but a thread dedicated to the usefulness of the advertisement, so it
is then not removed. Perhaps my understanding is wrong...does anyone know
of any other formal policy that contradicts or confirms this in print
anywhere? (I forget where I read that little tidbet.)

>> stop responding to them and they will eventually go away...

> They will not go away if people visit their sites. Warning others that
> this
> sites promotes cheating will hopefully deter some people from going there
> thinking this is a legitimate site.

Another fair point, but why don't we start a new thread if we want to warn
others. Perhaps a subject line of (Warning: previous thread can cause loss
of certs from Microsoft!)

> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

T-Bone

"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> From what I understand, MS has a policy whereby advertisementss or blatent
> attempts at advertisements are deleted from newsgroups.

True enough. Case and point the spam posting entitled "link" appears to have
been removed from all the groups.

> If, however,
> someone expresses an opinion as to the ad placement, then it is now not

just
> an ad, but a thread dedicated to the usefulness of the advertisement, so

it
> is then not removed.

MS can do whatever they want with their servers. As practice (or at least
when I remember) I try to remove any mention of the website or at least
munge it beyond recognition.

> Another fair point, but why don't we start a new thread if we want to warn
> others. Perhaps a subject line of (Warning: previous thread can cause

loss
> of certs from Microsoft!)

That could work, however these groups are proof that people don't read
enough of the previous postings. There is also no guarantee the post will
show up where you intend.

Sufficed to say I think we are on the same side here in the battle against
spam in the nwsgroup.

Cheers,
T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Jason

Absolutely...

Just surprised my hit point comment about trolls versus spammers in D&D
didn't garner a comment! *grin*

news:(E-Mail Removed)...