Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and Microsoft Tool Kit - opinion

CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and Microsoft Tool Kit - opinion

Mario

I would like to know yours opinion about CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and Microsoft
Tool Kit. What do you think is better than the others

Jason

Respectively:
CBT Nuggets - borderline if not illegal crap
Learnkey - meh
MS Tool Kit - good enough if you have prior experience

"Mario" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to know yours opinion about CBT Nuggets, Learnkey and
>Microsoft
> Tool Kit. What do you think is better than the others

Jens Henrik

CBT Nuggets videos are GREAT! I used some of them, when
taking my MCDST. Todd (as the name os the teacher is) is
very informative as well as humorous.

You could eventually download Virtual PC 2004 Trial
version, and build the whole scenario, by using the
scripts from the CDs Inside your MOC books (if you have
them).

Did you take the MOC courses?
In my city Odense - Denmark, it costs approx. $500/week.
These courses are based on "self learning" and called
flex-learn. They made the CBT videos available for me.

By the way: I forgot to mention a book i also
read: "Mastering Windows XP Professional" by Mark Minasi
(1021 pages) - www.minasi.com - Itīs "long hairy stuff".

You could also register fo a free 180 day version and
download the "Clinic 2263" from:

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...g/offerContent.
aspx?offerPriceId=54989

I used it to refresh my memory (the material was not
quite as good as i expected).

But still...
1)Read the MOC books.
2)Sort/categorize and then view the CBT videos in the
correct order. I think i have an overview...
3)Use the "What you really need to know" in back of the
Thomson Book/s. Then eventually re-read the specific
issues.
4) Read the "Cram sheets" JUST before entering the "Black
hole" to clear your mind.

SUCCESS! You have PASSED...

Best luck to you

Jens Henrik

Learnkey Videos Dont take you to the depth as
compared to MS Press Official Study Guides.

gmaster

I found CBT nuggets the best BUT only for an overview,
you need the books.

---I used a combination of cbt nuggets, a home network of
DC's and books. CBT nuggets is good to fill in the
blanks if you have not been on a course and are wanting a
grounding on each topic in the exam or don't understand
what you are reading and want an oral explanation. Good
for a Sunday afternoon on the couch.

However there is not enough content in them to use soley
to pass, in fact not much mention is made to what you
will expect in an exam. They are a bit like sitting in a
networking lecture.

I found their TCP\IP video on 70-210 good as a reresher
on subnetting.

In summary I realy like to use them as my first overview
when starting to study, before hitting the big fat books
hard and then rounding of my study with an exam cram.
Above all have a network at home you can play with and
try all the features.

Mario

Thanx guys for your comments. I have got all these stuff, I mean (Lernkey,
CBT Nuggets and Microsoft Toolkit). I'll take 70-271 in 3 weeks time and let
you know the score.
Best regrds.
MArio

"gmaster" wrote:

> I found CBT nuggets the best BUT only for an overview,
> you need the books.
>
> ---I used a combination of cbt nuggets, a home network of
> DC's and books. CBT nuggets is good to fill in the
> blanks if you have not been on a course and are wanting a
> grounding on each topic in the exam or don't understand
> what you are reading and want an oral explanation. Good
> for a Sunday afternoon on the couch.
>
> However there is not enough content in them to use soley
> to pass, in fact not much mention is made to what you
> will expect in an exam. They are a bit like sitting in a
> networking lecture.
>
> I found their TCP\IP video on 70-210 good as a reresher
> on subnetting.
>
> In summary I realy like to use them as my first overview
> when starting to study, before hitting the big fat books
> hard and then rounding of my study with an exam cram.
> Above all have a network at home you can play with and
> try all the features.

Shailesh

"Mario" wrote:

> Thanx guys for your comments. I have got all these stuff, I mean (Lernkey,
> CBT Nuggets and Microsoft Toolkit). I'll take 70-271 in 3 weeks time and let
> you know the score.
> Best regrds.
> MArio
>
> "gmaster" wrote:
>
> > I found CBT nuggets the best BUT only for an overview,
> > you need the books.
> >
> > ---I used a combination of cbt nuggets, a home network of
> > DC's and books. CBT nuggets is good to fill in the
> > blanks if you have not been on a course and are wanting a
> > grounding on each topic in the exam or don't understand
> > what you are reading and want an oral explanation. Good
> > for a Sunday afternoon on the couch.
> >
> > However there is not enough content in them to use soley
> > to pass, in fact not much mention is made to what you
> > will expect in an exam. They are a bit like sitting in a
> > networking lecture.
> >
> > I found their TCP\IP video on 70-210 good as a reresher
> > on subnetting.
> >
> > In summary I realy like to use them as my first overview
> > when starting to study, before hitting the big fat books
> > hard and then rounding of my study with an exam cram.
> > Above all have a network at home you can play with and
> > try all the features.

I am Going to give 70-271 after 25 days.
I have read Sybex Books, MS Press 70-271, Learnkey Video.
I found MS Press To be most helpful and detailed with links of further
reading on the net.
Learnkey focuses on key points which are thoroughly discussed in MS Press
Book.

Later i found Exam Cram Book Which Is very much detailed.
I recommend MS Press And Exam Cram books.

After Readig the books try Simulation Engines to measure your depth.
I recommend Transcender Exam Simulator and Exam Force Simulator

LearnKey's Cisco CCSP CBT asdf Cisco 1 06-06-2007 04:44 PM
LearnKey's Hacking Revealed CBT Terence Lee Cisco 0 02-05-2004 08:46 AM
Learnkey MCSE 2000 USED CBT set Newton Grinches MCSE 4 09-16-2003 12:37 PM
Re: Backups of LEARNKEY, KEYSTONE, CBT-NUGGETS. Good enough??? =-= Steve =-= MCSE 5 07-20-2003 06:55 PM
Re: Backups of LEARNKEY, KEYSTONE, CBT-NUGGETS. Good enough??? =-= Steve =-= A+ Certification 4 07-20-2003 06:55 PM

Advertisments