Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > A+ and Network+

A+ and Network+

Tim

Hello everybody,

I think that I need your help to understand will I need A+ and Network+
certification if I`m going to take MCDST exams? Will I need them if I`ll
pass MCDST?

I have BA in Information Technologies and I used to work in IT support for
5+ years. The only problem is that, that it was 3 years ago, I had to leave
this possition due to immigration... I had to leave my country, because of
lack of English language I had to gave up with proffesion. Now I want to get
back into the game, at least I want to try. I decided to take MCDST ... I`m
just not sure do I need A+ and Network+ certifications, will it make any
difference in my CV if I will have MCDST?

I understand thatmy question probably sounds silly, but I really don't know
much about certifications.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Dave

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello everybody,
>
> I think that I need your help to understand will I need A+ and Network+
> certification if I`m going to take MCDST exams? Will I need them if I`ll
> pass MCDST?
>
> I have BA in Information Technologies and I used to work in IT support for
> 5+ years. The only problem is that, that it was 3 years ago, I had to
> leave this possition due to immigration... I had to leave my country,
> because of lack of English language I had to gave up with proffesion. Now
> I want to get back into the game, at least I want to try. I decided to
> take MCDST ... I`m just not sure do I need A+ and Network+ certifications,
> will it make any difference in my CV if I will have MCDST?

Tim,
While the A+ and Network+ would form good background knowledge, they are not
a prerequisite for taking the MCDST exams. The MCDST covers a different
area to those covered by the A+ and Network+.
Check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.asp in
particular, the free online training on
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcdst/

Dave.

Rome

I recommend the 70-270 Sybex book for you & anyone planning on attaining the
MCDST cert. This will give you most of the knowledge you need to support the
XP operating system, and of course
http://sybex.com/sybexbooks.nsf/2604971535a28b098825693d0053081b/8f2af25caf8fcde988256e51006759a1!OpenDocument&High light=0,70-271
to help fill in the blank spots. While A+ and N+ and not prerequisites for
the cert, its a good idea to have them especially the A+ if your planning on
becoming a PC Tech.

news:uxDn$(E-Mail Removed)...