Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Sybex MCDST Study Guide

Sybex MCDST Study Guide

Howard

Hi I was wondering if anyone here has looked at or used the Sybex MCDST
study guide, if so what did you think of them and were they any use?

Personally I don't like to use them for the server exams but (judging by
a few practice exams) they seem to cover the areas needed for the MCDST

heard it is good? However I just took and passed exam 70-
271 on the 15th with a score of 900/1000, and I used a
book publish by Charles River Media; which was written by
Tim Warner. I highly recommend this book, it covers both
70-271 and the 70-272 in one book and the price on the
internet for the book right now is like $25.

Howard

Thanks for the reply. After careful consideration and reading a few poor
reviews about the sybex study guide I decided to put an order in for the
MS study guides (I'll always trust the books from the people who write
the exams)

Also if it helps anyone I noticed Microsoft are doing a free (180 day)
online course for the MCDST, along with the offline player that enables
you to study offline then sync your changes to your online material I've
found this to be a great help in studying for the two exams, the link
is below.

https://www.microsoftelearning.com/e...courseId=26272

John O

> (I'll always trust the books from the people who write the exams)

They used to contract some of that book writing out to other companies. I
have no idea what they are doing today.

-John O

I used the sybex book by by Bill Ferguson. After completing
this book i got MS press self paced training kit.
Sybex book does not covers much detail compared to
ms press book.