Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > I have been looking for a A+ certificate

I have been looking for a A+ certificate

Jimmie Johnson

I am realy pretty good at atx amd nivdia putting computers
together and fixing them. I would like to have a tech job
someday, but I am now 51, and running out of time, they
tell me that I need network + and A+ certificates and some
linex learning to get anywhere, I would sure appreciate
some ideas, I need to learn on line I work night for the
board of education as a custodian.
I would sure appreciate a response to this. Veterans
upwardbound said they could get me a pill grant and that
is about all, because i have a associates degree in
psychology years ago.
ThaNKS FOR LISTENING Jimmie Johnson

Neil

did you hear "Jimmie Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> say in
news:5cd501c52408$58d1cd10$(E-Mail Removed):

> they
> tell me that I need network + and A+ certificates and some
> linex learning to get anywhere,

try over at www.comptia.org for the A+ Net+ stuff. for where to find
online courses for A+

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=...%22+A%2B&meta=

returned about 92,000 hits for me. good luck

--
Neil MCNGP#30

- Heather Locklear Scratch and Sniff-> [[[[[[[[[[[[[[

John O

>I am realy pretty good at atx amd nivdia putting computers
> together and fixing them. I would like to have a tech job
> someday, but I am now 51, and running out of time, they
> tell me that I need network + and A+ certificates and some
> linex learning to get anywhere, I would sure appreciate
> some ideas, I need to learn on line I work night for the
> board of education as a custodian.
> I would sure appreciate a response to this. Veterans
> upwardbound said they could get me a pill grant and that
> is about all, because i have a associates degree in
> psychology years ago.

Pell Grant, I think. Sounds like you have some hands-on experience. My
advice...get one of the A+ Prep books and read through it. Then read it
again. Get a different book, and read it twice. I'll wager you need to get
some experience with older operating systems, since there's lots of that on
the A+ exam. Network+ is different, so consider taking a class for that one.
Check out local colleges.

-John O

B_All

"John O" wrote:

> >I am realy pretty good at atx amd nivdia putting computers
> > together and fixing them. I would like to have a tech job
> > someday, but I am now 51, and running out of time, they
> > tell me that I need network + and A+ certificates and some
> > linex learning to get anywhere, I would sure appreciate
> > some ideas, I need to learn on line I work night for the
> > board of education as a custodian.
> > I would sure appreciate a response to this. Veterans
> > upwardbound said they could get me a pill grant and that
> > is about all, because i have a associates degree in
> > psychology years ago.

> Pell Grant, I think. Sounds like you have some hands-on experience. My
> advice...get one of the A+ Prep books and read through it. Then read it
> again. Get a different book, and read it twice. I'll wager you need to get
> some experience with older operating systems, since there's lots of that on
> the A+ exam. Network+ is different, so consider taking a class for that one.
> Check out local colleges.
>
> -John O

B_All

http://www.e-learningcenter.com/free_aplus_course.htm
This site might be worth looking into to get you started.
B_All

"John O" wrote:

> >I am realy pretty good at atx amd nivdia putting computers
> > together and fixing them. I would like to have a tech job
> > someday, but I am now 51, and running out of time, they
> > tell me that I need network + and A+ certificates and some
> > linex learning to get anywhere, I would sure appreciate
> > some ideas, I need to learn on line I work night for the
> > board of education as a custodian.
> > I would sure appreciate a response to this. Veterans
> > upwardbound said they could get me a pill grant and that
> > is about all, because i have a associates degree in
> > psychology years ago.

> Pell Grant, I think. Sounds like you have some hands-on experience. My
> advice...get one of the A+ Prep books and read through it. Then read it
> again. Get a different book, and read it twice. I'll wager you need to get
> some experience with older operating systems, since there's lots of that on
> the A+ exam. Network+ is different, so consider taking a class for that one.
> Check out local colleges.
>
> -John O

Mike O

Great site link B_All ! Thanks