Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Starting to study MCDST

Starting to study MCDST

Lainey

Hi all,

I am starting to study for MCDST Certification. I will
be doing this by way of self study and practice.

I just wonder how often you study and also should you aim
to get each exam completed in a certain amount of time
e.g. a few months for each exam.

Would appreciate any advice you have.

Cheers

microsoft@disnetinc.com

Studying is a personal thing, take the time you need.

Very important additional information, you will find
useful:

Microsoft Skills Assessments are very important to
Certified Professionals

Organizations now require certified professionals take
these assessments to verify their currency with today's
technology. Microsoft Skills Assessment Support
Information (SASI) is especially useful for certified
professionals who require basic support that mitigates
urgent assessment needs quickly. Whether YOU are a
Microsoft Certified Professional or just getting
started, these SASI assessments are for you.

Microsoft Skills Assessment Address:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...nt/default.asp
Microsoft Evaluation Address:
http://disnetinc.com/Microsoft_Evaluation.htm

Microsoft Administrator

Richard

Hi Lainey,

Personnally, I find that if I am studying a technology
that I have worked with day-to-day, then I will complete
an exam within a month of studying towards it.

I spend an hour each night studying. After 3 weeks, if I
feel confident enough then I will start taking test exams
for a week with revision on weak areas prior to taking
the exam.

This has worked for me, but you do need to have some
hands on experience as not everything is covered in the
course content - it also helps to read other reference
material to fully under stand the subject.

Regards, Richard