Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Passed 70-271 + Info on Exam

Passed 70-271 + Info on Exam

Forrest Greenberg

Passed my first MCDST exam today (070-271). My score was
850, so I think I did rather well.

Since I have read alot of posts on here, will try to put
all the things that I generally see people ask about the
exam and the study materials I used, and the IT background
I come from.

I have mainly done Customer Service work for about the
last 10 years. Internet connections, and supporting
JPMorgan Chase's Online Banking platform. After I lost my
job in 8/2004, I started to study for my Certifications.

Started with my A+ Cert. Study material was an online web
course that I had signed up for. They had instructor video
classes, and electronic based reading material. Barely
passed both exams, would have been better off just getting
any recommended A+ Study book.

For the MCDST exams, I also used some of the online web
courses, but they were even more useless than the ones for
the A+ exam. I did buy both Microsoft Self-Paced Training
Kits (Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft
Windows XP Operating System & Supporting Users and
Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a Microsoft
Windows XP Operating System). Only studied the material in
the first book for the exam.

The book came with a CD that had practice tests powered by
MeasureUp. 130 Objective Review questions, and 300
Practice Test questions. Going through the study mode,
with all questions selected was a VERY big help.

As for the exam itself, 64 questions on a 2 1/2 hour time
limit. I got alot of questions about Sharing, some
Security and Network Connections issues. Lots of other
little things thrown in, but those were the main topics on
my exam.

Good luck to everyone else out there that is studying to
take this exam. I think it was much harder than the A+
tests, regardless of some of the posts I have seen on
here.

Forrest

microsoft@disnetinc.com

It never ends! Very important additional information, you
will find useful:

Microsoft Skills Assessments are very important to
Certified Professionals

Organizations now require certified professionals take
these assessments to verify their currency with today's
technology. Microsoft Skills Assessment Support
Information (SASI) is especially useful for certified
professionals who require basic support that mitigates
urgent assessment needs quickly. Whether YOU are a
Microsoft Certified Professional or just getting
started, these SASI assessments are for you.

Microsoft Skills Assessment Address:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...nt/default.asp
Microsoft Evaluation Address:
http://disnetinc.com/Microsoft_Evaluation.htm