Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Measure Up suggestions

Measure Up suggestions

Colleen

I bought Measure Up practice tests for exam 70-271. They
suggest going through it in the study modes until you feel
ready, then passing the certification mode with 100%
twice, to be ready for the real exam. Does that sound
accurate? I'm curious to hear from people who have used
Measure Up and followed their suggestions.

cbair

I have used measure up for my A+ and Net+ exams. I would suggest using them
in study mode perhaps once prior to your program of study to see what your
weak spots are, again about midway to gauge your progress and then again once
you complete your studies and then try them in certification mode. Even
though they have a bank of questions, if you take the exams too often, you
end up memorizing the answers and that is not a good way to embark on the
real exams. You want to be sure you have a grasp on the material in the real
world.

"Colleen" wrote:

> I bought Measure Up practice tests for exam 70-271. They
> suggest going through it in the study modes until you feel
> ready, then passing the certification mode with 100%
> twice, to be ready for the real exam. Does that sound
> accurate? I'm curious to hear from people who have used
> Measure Up and followed their suggestions.

magmaloo

I didn't use the measure up tests for the 70-271, but I did use them as part
of my prep for the 70-272, and although they are good solid questions, and
did help. I don't think scoring 100% twice on them is a firm enough basis
alone to take the test with confidence. As was said on the last post if you
do the test a few times in study mode, then you'll just remember what the
answers are, which wont be a lot of help when your looking at 50 or so
questions on the test you havent seen before.

Good luck

"Colleen" wrote:

> I bought Measure Up practice tests for exam 70-271. They
> suggest going through it in the study modes until you feel
> ready, then passing the certification mode with 100%
> twice, to be ready for the real exam. Does that sound
> accurate? I'm curious to hear from people who have used
> Measure Up and followed their suggestions.

how to measure power dissipated in a digital circuit Christopher Denis VHDL 4 01-30-2005 07:10 AM
Measure delay end-to-end Dave Cisco 1 07-20-2004 12:51 PM
Tools to measure the effective bandwidth Chris Cisco 2 12-03-2003 12:35 PM
MCSD.net, Measure-Up Practice Exams Bryan MCSD 3 08-18-2003 02:51 PM
Help esk Suggestions - Best Practices, Tool, ideas, suggestions, etc JohnNews Computer Support 3 06-23-2003 11:20 PM

Advertisments