Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Rewiew on Charles River Media MCDST book\material?

Rewiew on Charles River Media MCDST book\material?

Ben Grigsby

I am preparing to take the MCDST exam 70-271 test in
late february or early march. I am using the Charles
River Media MCDST book. My questions are, has anyone else
used this reference book to pass/study for the exam? And
if so did you feel it was a good study guide? I am
questioning its contents only because I have taken several
of the Measure up demo tests and I also took the measure
your skills test on Microsofts site! I did poorly, and I
also feel that the measure up questions are very indepth
and perplexing? Can anyone tell me if the actual MS test
questions are anything like the Measureup questions?
Because if they are, I better study some more!

TEST ACCOUNT

Ben:

The MeasureUp questions can be very misleading especially in practice mode.
I also found some of their content to be just wrong. And you're right, the
complexity of the MeasureUp material is perplexing at times given that the
MCDST exams are entry level. The Transcender exams seem to be the best --
although the price tag for their cert preps are painful. Great to have good
prep exam software, better to spend time working on your weak areas through
hands-on till you feel ready for the exam(s).

Jack

news:025201c5155e$0ca9a240$(E-Mail Removed)...