Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Testing Anxiety

Testing Anxiety

B_All

I've been working in the tech support field now for about 6 yrs. I've been
studying for MCDST certification and starting to panic. Fear of tests. I
panic. Can anyone tell me, is the method of test delivery much the same as
the Learnkey practice tests or something similar. I find practice test to be
sometimes bogus. If you don't click in the exact spot it's incorrect. I'd
hate to spend the money and time and fail due to a bad click

Any information would be helpful
Thanks
--
B_All

Bobby

Hi B_All,

As long as you know how to use the mouse (click/click and drag) you should
be fine. If you notice that you have click wrongly or drag wrongly during the
actual test, you can always redo it. Anyway, this should be the last thing
any techie should worry. As long as you have the knowledge and skills as
listed in the objectives for both the MCDST tests, you should do well. Good
luck.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"B_All" wrote:

> I've been working in the tech support field now for about 6 yrs. I've been
> studying for MCDST certification and starting to panic. Fear of tests. I
> panic. Can anyone tell me, is the method of test delivery much the same as
> the Learnkey practice tests or something similar. I find practice test to be
> sometimes bogus. If you don't click in the exact spot it's incorrect. I'd
> hate to spend the money and time and fail due to a bad click
>
> Any information would be helpful
> Thanks
> --
> B_All

B_All

Well, I passed 70-271 this morning with no time to spare. My nerves got the
best of me.
Is 70-272 the same length and harder? or easier?

B_All

"Bobby" wrote:

> Hi B_All,
>
> As long as you know how to use the mouse (click/click and drag) you should
> be fine. If you notice that you have click wrongly or drag wrongly during the
> actual test, you can always redo it. Anyway, this should be the last thing
> any techie should worry. As long as you have the knowledge and skills as
> listed in the objectives for both the MCDST tests, you should do well. Good
> luck.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Bobby
>
> "B_All" wrote:
>
> > I've been working in the tech support field now for about 6 yrs. I've been
> > studying for MCDST certification and starting to panic. Fear of tests. I
> > panic. Can anyone tell me, is the method of test delivery much the same as
> > the Learnkey practice tests or something similar. I find practice test to be
> > sometimes bogus. If you don't click in the exact spot it's incorrect. I'd
> > hate to spend the money and time and fail due to a bad click
> >
> > Any information would be helpful
> > Thanks
> > --
> > B_All

Bobby

Hi B_All,

Congrats on passing 70-271. You are half way through now. If you do it
quickly, you might just end up getting the charter version of MCDST.

As for 70-272, this is more on Office applications. Basically, this is much
easier than 70-271 for most people as most people are more use to tweaking
Office than to tweaking WinXP. Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Bobby