Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > What is Passing Score for 271 & 272 ?

What is Passing Score for 271 & 272 ?

Tim C

What is the passing score for MCDST 271 & 272? I see
people posting their scores, but not what the min is to
pass. I'm also in the A+ program and it's 515.
Thanks,
----------------

The Rev \(MCT\)

From: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc.../preparing.asp

Your scaled score and pass/fail status: All Microsoft exams are scaled so
that a passing score is 700. Any score of 700 or above is a "pass"; any
score below 700 is a "fail." Different passing scores do not reflect
different levels of examinee knowledge. The different passing scores are
statistically insignificant. For example, an examinee who scores 900 is not
necessarily more knowledgeable in the exam's topic area than an examinee who
scores 800: Both examinees are simply qualified. Likewise, different failing
scores do not reflect different levels of examinee knowledge. For example,
an examinee who scores 400 is not necessarily less knowledgeable in the exam
's topic area than an examinee who scores 600. In this case, both examinees
are simply unqualified.

--
"The Rev" MCNGP #44
Microsoft Certified Trainer

justafreak.com
..
"Tim C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1d4201c50be5$41c56900$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the passing score for MCDST 271 & 272? I see
> people posting their scores, but not what the min is to
> pass. I'm also in the A+ program and it's 515.
> Thanks,
> ----------------

Jason

Hey now Rev,

Are you trying to say that the answer to the question could have been found
by simply searching the Microsoft website?

Does that mean I could re-search (a.k.a. research) answers to my questionsin
other areas ON MY OWN and find the answers even before posting to this
forum?

Wow...you have taught me to fish rather than fed me a meal. Thank you so
much! *grin*

"The Rev (MCT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uaPI3z%(E-Mail Removed)...
> From: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc.../preparing.asp
>
> Your scaled score and pass/fail status: All Microsoft exams are scaled so
> that a passing score is 700. Any score of 700 or above is a "pass"; any
> score below 700 is a "fail." Different passing scores do not reflect
> different levels of examinee knowledge. The different passing scores are
> statistically insignificant. For example, an examinee who scores 900 is

not
> necessarily more knowledgeable in the exam's topic area than an examinee

who
> scores 800: Both examinees are simply qualified. Likewise, different

failing
> scores do not reflect different levels of examinee knowledge. For example,
> an examinee who scores 400 is not necessarily less knowledgeable in the

exam
> 's topic area than an examinee who scores 600. In this case, both

examinees
> are simply unqualified.
>
> --
> "The Rev" MCNGP #44
> Microsoft Certified Trainer
>
> Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
> justafreak.com
> .
> "Tim C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1d4201c50be5$41c56900$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is the passing score for MCDST 271 & 272? I see
> > people posting their scores, but not what the min is to
> > pass. I'm also in the A+ program and it's 515.
> > Thanks,
> > ----------------

The Rev \(MCT\)

While that is true ... I was in a good mood tonight and decided not to
flame. Doesn't happen often. And surprisingly he asked a question that
doesn't break the NDA. Passing scores are at least something in the realm of
publicly available information.

--
"The Rev" MCNGP #44
Microsoft Certified Trainer

justafreak.com
..
"Jason" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u#Ne18$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hey now Rev,
>
> Are you trying to say that the answer to the question could have been

found
> by simply searching the Microsoft website?
>
> Does that mean I could re-search (a.k.a. research) answers to my

questionsin
> other areas ON MY OWN and find the answers even before posting to this
> forum?
>
> Wow...you have taught me to fish rather than fed me a meal. Thank you so
> much! *grin*
>

> "The Rev (MCT)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uaPI3z%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > From: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc.../preparing.asp
> >
> > Your scaled score and pass/fail status: All Microsoft exams are scaled

so
> > that a passing score is 700. Any score of 700 or above is a "pass"; any
> > score below 700 is a "fail." Different passing scores do not reflect
> > different levels of examinee knowledge. The different passing scores are
> > statistically insignificant. For example, an examinee who scores 900 is

> not
> > necessarily more knowledgeable in the exam's topic area than an examinee

> who
> > scores 800: Both examinees are simply qualified. Likewise, different

> failing
> > scores do not reflect different levels of examinee knowledge. For

example,
> > an examinee who scores 400 is not necessarily less knowledgeable in the

> exam
> > 's topic area than an examinee who scores 600. In this case, both

> examinees
> > are simply unqualified.
> >
> > --
> > "The Rev" MCNGP #44
> > Microsoft Certified Trainer
> >
> > Memories fade but a Google search never forgets.
> > justafreak.com
> > .
> > "Tim C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:1d4201c50be5$41c56900$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > What is the passing score for MCDST 271 & 272? I see
> > > people posting their scores, but not what the min is to
> > > pass. I'm also in the A+ program and it's 515.
> > > Thanks,

Passed 70-271 and 70-272 with 890 & 920 score John Carry MCDST 2 06-01-2009 06:04 PM
072-272 072-271 and 070-272 070-271 are these the same thing StealthZ MCDST 3 06-06-2007 12:51 AM
Passing score 70-272 Confuscious MCDST 2 05-13-2006 02:54 AM
What is a passing score in 271/272? Sal F MCDST 4 08-15-2005 01:19 PM
Approximately needed score (I know MS hides the score...) for passing 70-305??? Daniel Walzenbach MCSD 2 11-09-2003 10:04 PM

Advertisments