Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > relate to netware/windows network?

relate to netware/windows network?

gus

how much does this exam relate to supporting windows
XP/2000 clients on a Netware 5/6 server using Groupwise
and Zenworks. ? Would a CNA be more beneficial?

Dave

"gus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1ac701c50a39$e0a1c940$(E-Mail Removed)...
> how much does this exam relate to supporting windows
> XP/2000 clients on a Netware 5/6 server using Groupwise
> and Zenworks. ? Would a CNA be more beneficial?

A CNA would be more beneficial *if* you are looking at it *only* from a
Novell perspective. That said, I'm sure there are aspects of the MCDST
that will be generally beneficial to you as day to day support tends to
cover both camps. The MCDST covers a whole host of troubleshooting
connectivity and startup problems that are equally applicable in both
Microsoft and Novell camps as *simple* connectivity problems to Groupwise
servers can be tested by pinging the server followed by telnetting to the
imap,pop & smtp ports. You don't need to know about the inner workings of
Groupwise itself just to test connectivity or even how to configure
Outlook/Outlook Express to talk to it. If you can do the CNA as well as the
MCDST then please do so.

Gus

Thanks ,good of you take the time time to reply, my
thoughts are what if MSoft muscles in and pushes Novell
out as the prime believer...I'll let you know if and when
I get this qual.Cheers