Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Free MCDST training and more from Microsoft

Free MCDST training and more from Microsoft

Andy Barkl

Get 2-for-1 MCP Exams; http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcp/
Free eReference Library with MCSA 2003;
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcsa/
Free Training for Desktop Support Exams;
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcdst/

T-Bone

"Andy Barkl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Get 2-for-1 MCP Exams; http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcp/

Well, kinda... Actually if you write the 270 at a specific test centre, you
get a coupon you can give to someone else to write the same exam.
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...cp/details.asp.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Dave

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Andy Barkl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Get 2-for-1 MCP Exams; http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcp/

> Well, kinda... Actually if you write the 270 at a specific test centre,
> you
> get a coupon you can give to someone else to write the same exam.
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...cp/details.asp.
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

How an you "write" an online exam?

Jason

THANK YOU!

I have been wondering how the lingo has gone from "taking" an exam to
"sitting" an exam, to "writing" an exam. I suspect the origin is from the
plethora overseas glorified customer service techs who learned English
poorly and in the process of trying to sound technically proficient, used
poor grammar to communicate their thoughts.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Andy Barkl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> Get 2-for-1 MCP Exams;

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/mcp/

> > Well, kinda... Actually if you write the 270 at a specific test centre,
> > you
> > get a coupon you can give to someone else to write the same exam.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...cp/details.asp.
> >
> > T-Bone
> > MCNGP XL

> How an you "write" an online exam?

Dave

> THANK YOU!
Jason,
We agree on something, I'm surprised

> I have been wondering how the lingo has gone from "taking" an exam to
> "sitting" an exam, to "writing" an exam. I suspect the origin is from the
> plethora overseas glorified customer service techs who learned English
> poorly and in the process of trying to sound technically proficient, used
> poor grammar to communicate their thoughts.

Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents. They
really do amuse us over hear. Do you know, some of them think we are just a
little island somewhere of the coast of EU-land, that we all live in
castles, slay dragons before breakfast (tea and marmalade of course), only
speak the Queen's English and that we all have tea with her on Sunday
afternoon.

Seriously, I do agree that the misuse of the language is unfortunate.

Do you think MCNGP will let us in now? I'd rather explain subnetting to the
Queen over our next cup of tea. Rotflmao.

Dave.

Dave

<snip>
> Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.
> They really do amuse us over hear. Do you know, some of them think we are
> just a

<snip>
"Hear" should have been "here".

T-Bone

"Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.

They
> really do amuse us over hear.

Cue background music "Pomp and Circumstance"

Hey, I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader....
I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dogsled....
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada,
although I'm certain they're really really nice.
I have a Prime Minister, not a president.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about', not 'a boot'.
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peace keeping, not policing,
diversity, not assimilation,
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal.
A toque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced 'zed' not 'zee', 'zed' !!!!
Canada is the second largest landmass!
The first nation of hockey!
and the best part of North America
My name is T-Bone!!
And I am Canadian!!!

Dave

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>> Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.

> They
>> really do amuse us over hear.

> Cue background music "Pomp and Circumstance"

<snip>
lol, good one.

A Yid in LA

You guys sound like a bunch of "little" neurotics with severe inferiority
complexes. Attempting to sound intellectually superior is just an arrogant
mask to cover up your own feelings of inferiorty. Making fun of someone who
is trying to learn under probably very difficult circumstances is not my idea
of a joke. My grandparents came here from Russia very young not speaking one
word of english and little education; one became a teacher and the other a
doctor.

This is a learning community, or so I thought. Therefore, I suggest we
treat each person as a human being, with respect. Might I suggest a website
you all may benefit from? www.dalecarnegie.com

"Dave" wrote:

> "T-Bone" <reply2me@thenewsgroup> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > "Dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> >> Ah, yes, those poor unfortunates in the USA with their funny accents.

> > They
> >> really do amuse us over hear.

> > Cue background music "Pomp and Circumstance"

> <snip>
> lol, good one.

The Rev \(MCT\)

May I suggest..........zzzzzzzzzzzz. Oh sorry I fell asleep. What was it you
were saying again?

--
"The Rev" MCT/MCNGP #44

justafreak.com