Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Starting MCDST

Starting MCDST

Conor

Hi,
I am just starting the MCDST book. I have some
experience with PC's, about 6/7 years as a user. about
1/2 years in limited support. Does anyone know how long
it might take me before I would be ready to take the
first exam, 70-271?? Also, how good are the tests on the
CD with the book??

Thanks, Conor.

Jimbo

It took me one week to read the book and one other for the
tests. Tests on the cd are good, anyway there are many
free resources on the net, practise those tests too.

cheers

>Hi,
> I am just starting the MCDST book. I have some
>experience with PC's, about 6/7 years as a user. about
>1/2 years in limited support. Does anyone know how long
>it might take me before I would be ready to take the
>first exam, 70-271?? Also, how good are the tests on the
>CD with the book??
>
>Thanks, Conor.

Matt UK

If you have the MCDST 70-271 Official Training Kit then I
would read through it all and download a few practice
tests off the web the transcender ones are v good. Then
just keep topping yourself up by re-skimming over the book.

if you get all the transcender question correct first time
around your ready.

Conor

Hi Matt,

I would be grateful if you could share with me some
of the sites with the practice exams.

Thanks, Conor.

What is the 'transcender' off the web you mention??