Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Certified Today!

Certified Today!

JR

Passed 271 on December 13 with a 762 (first Microsoft Exam). Passed 272
today with a 865. I only used the Microsoft Press Self Paced training
books. I spent about a week reading the books then about another week on
the measure up tests. I recommend more time on the books. I was able to
score 96 or better on the practice test, but when I took the tests, I really
had to rely on my past experience to answer the questions correctly. Study
the security and access modules as well as the customization module.
Good Luck,
John

Dthmtlgod

John,

Thanks for the info and congrats. I am starting on mine this week. I
already got the books.

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Passed 271 on December 13 with a 762 (first Microsoft Exam). Passed 272
> today with a 865. I only used the Microsoft Press Self Paced training
> books. I spent about a week reading the books then about another week on
> the measure up tests. I recommend more time on the books. I was able to
> score 96 or better on the practice test, but when I took the tests, I

really
> had to rely on my past experience to answer the questions correctly.

Study
> the security and access modules as well as the customization module.
> Good Luck,
> John

Wayne

Congratualtions! Now, on to the MCSA then MCSE!

--
Wayne McGlinn
Brisbane, Oz

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the
masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
- Dennis (sometime in the middle ages)

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Passed 271 on December 13 with a 762 (first Microsoft Exam). Passed 272
> today with a 865. I only used the Microsoft Press Self Paced training
> books. I spent about a week reading the books then about another week on
> the measure up tests. I recommend more time on the books. I was able to
> score 96 or better on the practice test, but when I took the tests, I
> really
> had to rely on my past experience to answer the questions correctly.
> Study
> the security and access modules as well as the customization module.
> Good Luck,
> John

starrynight

Congatulations John!!!!!
I took 272 this morning and passed with 730 haha! If it's a passing score that's all that counts!
I too only used the Microsoft Press training book. I have to agree with you, the practice tests helped but not enough for me.
Those of you going to take it soon, I highly recommend studying Remote Desktop, Internet Explorer, Outlook, + Outlook Express.
There were hardly any questions about Word or Excel. Also, know the basics about Networking Technologies-IP, DNS, DCHP etc.
I wish you all good luck too!!

-starrynight

"JR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Passed 271 on December 13 with a 762 (first Microsoft Exam). Passed 272
> today with a 865. I only used the Microsoft Press Self Paced training
> books. I spent about a week reading the books then about another week on
> the measure up tests. I recommend more time on the books. I was able to
> score 96 or better on the practice test, but when I took the tests, I really
> had to rely on my past experience to answer the questions correctly. Study
> the security and access modules as well as the customization module.
> Good Luck,
> John

JR

starrynight,