Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > School or self paced

School or self paced

Muhammad Siddiqui

I am trying to get MCDST certification, just finished
Microsoft demo clinic and also bought a microsoft
training kit for mcdst from amazaon by walter glen. Tell
me would it enough just to read the book and take a exam
or I need to go to school and take a class for that.

Jason

Well Muhammad,

I advise you to read through this column...if you are not self-motivated
enough to do that, then go to school and take a few courses. My advice for
a first course would be one in self-reliance. Good luck and Merry Christmas
from Santa and the Elves.

"Muhammad Siddiqui" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:14da01c4db3a$dd1762e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am trying to get MCDST certification, just finished
> Microsoft demo clinic and also bought a microsoft
> training kit for mcdst from amazaon by walter glen. Tell
> me would it enough just to read the book and take a exam
> or I need to go to school and take a class for that.

cyberguypr@gmail.com

Ir really depends on motivation and determination. Some people hate to
read books and prefer intructor-led training. Experience is also
important. I work everyday as a DST. I read the official MS Press book
and the Exam Cram one. Passed 70-271 just 3 days ago with 883. I don't
think it's a difficult test, you just have to read the question very
well before answering. Working now on 70-272.

Muhammad Siddiqui wrote:
> I am trying to get MCDST certification, just finished
> Microsoft demo clinic and also bought a microsoft
> training kit for mcdst from amazaon by walter glen. Tell
> me would it enough just to read the book and take a exam
> or I need to go to school and take a class for that.

Muhammad Siddiqui

Thanks Jason

Thanks for your advice,actually I have finished last year
in IT from Devry and reading books is not a problem for
me, I bought microsoft press book(MCDST training kit) and
exam cram.

Thanks

Muhammad Siddiqui

Thanks for advice. I have no proble in reading books, but
I dont have any DST experience. what do you think now do
I still need to go to school or reading books carefully
doing excercises and labs are good enough. As I mention I
just ordered a microsoft press book called (MCDST
Training kit) and exam crams on amazon suggest me some
other books, CD's other material and websites where I can
get the trancenders/practice exams. I would appreciate
your help.

Thanks
Muhammad

Joe

Jason,
Your answers to Muhammad kind of shed some light on my
situation. No experience but self-motivated. I am used to
online version of schooling that is why I want to get this
cert. I just wanted to hear from veterans in the area to
confirm if it is the right move.

Someone suggested to me to also consider starting with
MCSE as an entry level for position in IT. What is your
take on this?
Thank you.