Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Does A+ count

Does A+ count

Mistercaj@yahoo.com

Steve,
In may opinion,(you know what they say about opinions),
all though A+ certification is not a requirement, nor a
prerequisite for aquiring a MSDST cert. I feel that it is
in ones best interest to study in this area, as it will
certainly be a plus in helping you get around in your
studies for being a DST. Certs are nice but it does not
necessarily mean that one will be a quality DST. Aquiring
certs can be a good "roadmap" for ones goals as well as
a "door opener", into an IT career consideration.
My suggestion, and only a suggestion to you would be to
continue with your A+ cert.Then go for the MSDST exams.
You'll find yourself more confident as well as more
competent when taking the exams.To me the bottem line is
that the certification is just a pc of paper, the quality
of the person behind the cert is what counts. Go for it
Steve & good luck what ever you decide...JC