Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Requirements for MCDST Cert??

Requirements for MCDST Cert??

I read the requirements for the MCDST Certification on
the MS website, which says to pass exams 70-271 & 70-
272. However, I also listened the live webcast, which
stated that the requirements were 2 Courses & the 2 exams.

My question is, if I purchase the Self-Training books
recommended for both exams, can I simply take the exams
when I'm ready & become certified if I pass them? Or do I
also need to take the courses?

I'm guessing it's either train yourself, or take the
classes, but the presentation made it sound like the
actual courses were required.

-Erik

Wayne McGlinn

Just the exams, no need to take the courses unless you want or can afford
to.

Wayne

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0dd801c4d5a9$3d6ba2b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read the requirements for the MCDST Certification on
> the MS website, which says to pass exams 70-271 & 70-
> 272. However, I also listened the live webcast, which
> stated that the requirements were 2 Courses & the 2 exams.
>
> My question is, if I purchase the Self-Training books
> recommended for both exams, can I simply take the exams
> when I'm ready & become certified if I pass them? Or do I
> also need to take the courses?
>
> I'm guessing it's either train yourself, or take the
> classes, but the presentation made it sound like the
> actual courses were required.
>
> -Erik

Thank you for clearing that up, that's what I thought was
the case. Thank god too, I'd rather save money & learn
on my own time.

-Erik