Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > curriculum

curriculum

dipo

please can anyone provide resources for the exact
curriculum for the mcdst exams....i need this to stay on
top thanx

"Skills Being Measured" section

You're welcome

At the risk of repeating other people here, the overriding
quality a DST needs is to be resourceful. The first
section of both courses and MS books encourages you to get
to know where to go for advice, eg Help and Support,
Knowledge Base, TechNet, vendor sites etc.

The info you require is easily available on the MS website
and navigating to it is quite intuitive.

As a DST you are not expected to be all-knowing but you do
need to develop a mentality of self sufficiency which will
serve you well in the "real world" when you're sitting at
a user's desk without an exact idea of what is wrong. If
you can work through troubleshooting in a logical fashion
(even if the fifth thing you try is calling a colleague)
you'll get there in the end and hopefully learn something
in the process.

If what you actually meant was "please email me a
braindump" then you've no place in this discussion which
is mostly made up of people who actually either support
users and want to expand and formalise their knowledge or
are looking for a qualification which will help them get a
position doing so.

As far as resources go I would recommend the MS Self Paced
Training Kits for the 271 and 272. Approx total cost of
70GBP (Amazon.co.uk) is a worthwhile investment in your
future and they include practice tests and eval software
on the CDs. The courses were also good but I felt rushed
and expensive for what they actually covered (my company
paid for mine since they require that I become certified).

The above is simply my opinion, based on about 18 months
as a support person. I sincerely hope you can "stay on
top" (and forgive me if I'm smirking as I type this) in
whatever fashion you desire.

From a prospective MCDST

Jason

Well said.

news:5e9701c4c808$146874a0$(E-Mail Removed)...