Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Page orientation in Word

Page orientation in Word

Alan

I work in Office 2003/WindowsXP Pro and have just installed a new printer -
same make, different model (Brother).

With the previous printer, Word worked perfectly. Since the change Word will
only print in portrait and not in Landscape - even using older files that
printed OK before.
For example when I try to print an envelope set for DL, I get the correct
print but in the middle of an A4 sheet. If I try to print in two columns in
landscape, I get the left-hand column in portrait.
I have tried checking all the set-up details and can find nothing wrong.

The printer prints as expected in Excel and such as Adobe Acrobat.

Can someone help please?

Load new drivers from manufacturer website

Alan

Thanks to those who have responded. The problem has now been solved and had
been caused by a downloaded template from the MS Word site. This temporarily
affected the orientation of my correspondence files that had been re-based on
that template.

Page Orientation wtuck@yebo.co.za HTML 3 07-05-2006 04:40 PM
Program IE Page Orientation =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBNb29yZQ==?= ASP .Net 1 03-07-2005 09:34 PM
Problem with Page Orientation of Excel Workbook While Streaming MIME Content Yelena Kaplun ASP .Net 1 01-19-2005 12:27 AM
MS-WORD 97 (and 2000) Envelope and Label Orientation Jeff Wisnia Computer Support 2 06-04-2004 11:38 PM
<FORM METHOD="post" onSubmit="return fieldcheck()" name="orientation" action="http://ws-kitty.BU.edu/AT/survey/orientation/script/write.asp" language="JavaScript"> Joeyej ASP .Net 0 06-04-2004 07:55 PM

Advertisments