Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Studying for 70-272 here...

Studying for 70-272 here...

Elegantlyslumming

Hi guys,

I have been lurking here a few weeks now, about the same length of
time that I've been studying through my MCDST 70-272 Microsoft Press
book.

I have worked in IT support for a couple of years now, more on the
hardware side of things, though I do also support software problems
with Win 2K, Win XP and the occasional Win 9x box, with rare chance of
an Apple or Linux machine crossing my path. I am A+, Network+ and MCP
certified.

I decided to study for the MCDST cert mostly for knowledge and also
for fun, (plus it can't hurt to have it on my resume right. I am
about 2/3rds of the way through the subject matter of the 70-272 book
right now, with the last third of the book seemingly exam questions
etc.

Just for kicks earlier this evening I sat the exam that came on CD
with the book. I failed abysmally but in fairness to myself alot of
what I got wrong I hadn't covered yet in the book (SP2 security
related stuff it seemed) but until I have finished the book and
completed my studies I guess I won't bother with that again.

Meanwhile, can anyone recommend exam simulation product that they have
actually used to get through the exams, and that they believe best
represented the actual exam experience.

I really don't care about things you've heard about so much (I don't
wish to come off arrogant here, but I have heard lots of people
recommend transcender but then when I ask if they've used those tests
they've said no -- I just want first hand recommendations please as I
plan on buying whatever software is recommended and as it can be quite
expensive don't want non-firsthand advice!)

Thanks for any advice

I passed my 70-272 this week, by only using the Microsoft
Press book. It's vital that you understand the answers and
why they are right/wrong. Just go over the practice and
objective testing on the CD time and time again.... You
will do fine. The book really is great, best I've found.

Bobby

Hi Elegantlyslumming,

If you insist on getting practice tests, try MeasureUp. The set of questions
is different from the CD.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"Elegantlyslumming" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have been lurking here a few weeks now, about the same length of
> time that I've been studying through my MCDST 70-272 Microsoft Press
> book.
>
> I have worked in IT support for a couple of years now, more on the
> hardware side of things, though I do also support software problems
> with Win 2K, Win XP and the occasional Win 9x box, with rare chance of
> an Apple or Linux machine crossing my path. I am A+, Network+ and MCP
> certified.
>
> I decided to study for the MCDST cert mostly for knowledge and also
> for fun, (plus it can't hurt to have it on my resume right. I am
> about 2/3rds of the way through the subject matter of the 70-272 book
> right now, with the last third of the book seemingly exam questions
> etc.
>
> Just for kicks earlier this evening I sat the exam that came on CD
> with the book. I failed abysmally but in fairness to myself alot of
> what I got wrong I hadn't covered yet in the book (SP2 security
> related stuff it seemed) but until I have finished the book and
> completed my studies I guess I won't bother with that again.
>
> Meanwhile, can anyone recommend exam simulation product that they have
> actually used to get through the exams, and that they believe best
> represented the actual exam experience.
>
> I really don't care about things you've heard about so much (I don't
> wish to come off arrogant here, but I have heard lots of people
> recommend transcender but then when I ask if they've used those tests
> they've said no -- I just want first hand recommendations please as I
> plan on buying whatever software is recommended and as it can be quite
> expensive don't want non-firsthand advice!)
>
> Thanks for any advice

Elegantlyslumming

Thank you for the information folks. I shall check out the measureup tests.

unethical spam to get certifications without studying Jim Kennedy Microsoft Certification 3 01-24-2004 08:18 PM
studying mcse in new way wongh Microsoft Certification 2 01-02-2004 01:48 PM
Am I studying enough? Harry Johal MCSD 19 12-15-2003 08:06 PM
Tips for studying MCSD 1 10-07-2003 09:29 PM
any good books for studying VHDL with meaningful examples? walala VHDL 1 08-11-2003 05:00 PM

Advertisments