Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Exam 70-272

Exam 70-272

Austin

Hi all,

I'm preparing to take the 70-272 exam this week! From
what I've read from the posts here, it seems more people
have failed this test than 70-271. I passed 70-271 ok
(although, truthfully, I studied my butt off all the way
up to test time and was nervous as heck in taking it),
but it seems in general that 70-272 is harder.

I've been studying for 70-272 as best I can, and my
anxiety upon getting closer to the exam date is rising,
but rising more because a lot of posts seem to point to
70-272 being more difficult. Argh!

Any adice or tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks! - Austing

Bobby

Hi Austin,

When I took this exam a couple of months back, almost everyone in this
newsgroup was saying how easy this exam was. I too, personally found it to be
easy. In fact, I felt this is among the easiest of all MCP exams.

However, lately, more and more posts suggest that this is a difficult exam.
I am not sure if there is any change in this exam. I found this exam to be
very practical that as long as you have experience working with XP and
troubleshooting it, you can make it through quite easily. Just watch out for
the Outlook Express, Outlook and Internet Explorer. You need to go deep into
these.

Furthermore the MSPress book for this exam is about the best so far. Anyway,
all the best to you.

Hope this helps.

Bobby

"Austin" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm preparing to take the 70-272 exam this week! From
> what I've read from the posts here, it seems more people
> have failed this test than 70-271. I passed 70-271 ok
> (although, truthfully, I studied my butt off all the way
> up to test time and was nervous as heck in taking it),
> but it seems in general that 70-272 is harder.
>
> I've been studying for 70-272 as best I can, and my
> anxiety upon getting closer to the exam date is rising,
> but rising more because a lot of posts seem to point to
> 70-272 being more difficult. Argh!
>
> Any adice or tips are greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks! - Austing

Austin,

I agree with Bobby when he says the posts seem to be
leaning towards 70-272 being harder and maybe the test has
changed since it first came out. I have not taken the
70-271 but I did pass the 70-272. I felt the MS Press book
was a very good book but it did not prepare me for the exam
that well. There were a lot of Networking questions on my
exam and since I do have some experience in that area, I
did OK. I read all of the post about IE, Outlook and
Outlook Express and on my exam, there were not that many
questions in those areas. There were some - but not
heavily weighted in those areas. Try not to stress over
it as this will take away from the energy you need to use
on the test. Study the practicve tests in the book and on
the CD and if you have experience troubleshooting XP, you
should be OK. Good luck.

HI,

Sounds like you did exactly what I did. I recently studied
hard for 271 and passed. I took a look at some of the
practice questions for 272 and have decided that I am
going to jump the gun and take the test.

I do have about 3 years expierence with XP in a domain
environment. But OE was never used.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Eric

Well I just took 272 and got a 890. If yu have been using
XP for some time you really shouldn't have any fear at
all. The only studying I did was looking at the questions
from certquest.net

So depending on your background, I say go for it!