Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > MCDST and 70-271

MCDST and 70-271

Eric

I just came out of a job working with XP for the last 3
years. Decided I should get the certs at least with the
knowledge I gained. I studied for and passed the 70-271
test just last week. Was planning on doing 272 but my
buddy (who I split the cost of the books with) is still
working on that one.)
So I decided to study for and take 70-270 (with the intent
of eventually getting MCSA)

Taking a look at the material though and it seems like it
is exactly what I just studied for 271.

Is there alot of dirrence between 270 and 271? I might
just decide to take the test right now. ( I got 900 on 271
btw)

Thanks for any help.

Bobby

Hi Eric,

70-271 is more on the XP itself whereas 70-270 will test you on how XP
behaves in a domain environment. Though both of them deal with Win XP, the
scope covered is rather different. If you have no experience in
troubleshooting XP clients in domain environment, 70-270 might catch you by
surprise but if you have experience working with XP within a domain
environment, 70-270 should not be too difficult for you.

Hope this helps.

Bobby