Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Which is harder?

Which is harder?

Wendy

I just passed the 70-272 today with a 892 (first MS exam, boy was I
nervous!) I plan to take 70-271 in 3-4 weeks. For those that have gone
before me, which was more difficult? Thanks!

what study guide did u use?

Wendy

I used teh Microsoft Press training kit book and the official course book.
That is combined with my 2 years of PC Tech experience.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:302801c4ad95$ce0960f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> what study guide did u use?

Jerz

I thought 70-271 was a little more difficult but I really didn't study for
that one. I scored in the 900's on 272 and 800's on 271

Jerz

"Wendy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just passed the 70-272 today with a 892 (first MS exam, boy was I
> nervous!) I plan to take 70-271 in 3-4 weeks. For those that have gone
> before me, which was more difficult? Thanks!

Jason

Depends on where your strengths are. For example, in the A+ cert there is a
hardware and a software side to the cert. If you are stronger in hardware
then the software will be more difficult, and vice versa. The MCDST exams
(271 and 272) each test different areas. Look at the skills being measured
on their website at:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.asp

Whichever skill sets you are less comfortable will determine which exam will
be harder for you. Good luck.

Jason
MCDST, Security+, Net+, A+

"Wendy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just passed the 70-272 today with a 892 (first MS exam, boy was I
> nervous!) I plan to take 70-271 in 3-4 weeks. For those that have gone
> before me, which was more difficult? Thanks!

Mfanclub

Thanks for all your help, I passed the 70-271 today with a 881, not great
but respectable. Just for the record and future readers, I felt this was
more difficult than the 272. Do I need to submit for another welcome kit for
getting the MCDST? I got one for the first test as a MCP, and when I go to
the website it says the most recent one has been sent (is that the MCP?). I
am amazed that today's test is already on my transcript.

"Wendy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just passed the 70-272 today with a 892 (first MS exam, boy was I
> nervous!) I plan to take 70-271 in 3-4 weeks. For those that have gone
> before me, which was more difficult? Thanks!

SJ

Congratulations! 881 is a good score, but really the score doesn't
matter - passing does. As the old joke goes "What do they call the
medical doctor student that graduates last in his class?" "Doctor!"

Yes, after each certification, you need to submit for another welcome
kit. Once for MCP, then MCDST, then MCSA, then MCSE... Since it's
not showing up yet, you may like to wait until you get the email
before requesting the MCDST welcome kit.

sj
www.certquest.net

"Mfanclub" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Thanks for all your help, I passed the 70-271 today with a 881, not great
> but respectable. Just for the record and future readers, I felt this was
> more difficult than the 272. Do I need to submit for another welcome kit for
> getting the MCDST? I got one for the first test as a MCP, and when I go to
> the website it says the most recent one has been sent (is that the MCP?). I
> am amazed that today's test is already on my transcript.
>

> "Wendy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just passed the 70-272 today with a 892 (first MS exam, boy was I
> > nervous!) I plan to take 70-271 in 3-4 weeks. For those that have gone
> > before me, which was more difficult? Thanks!

Mfanclub

Thank you SJ, i went back to the website this morning and it was there to
verify. My charter MCDST should be on its way soon! ;-}
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...