Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Dell Tech Support

Dell Tech Support

vasav

Hi,

I am a Delltech Support exec and just wanted to know
whether this exposure in troubleshooting the desktop
computer is enough for clearing the MCDST Exams.

Appreciate any kinda suggestion/answer.
If possible you can mail me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Thnx

Vasav

T-Bone

"vasav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> I am a Delltech Support exec and just wanted to know
> whether this exposure in troubleshooting the desktop
> computer is enough for clearing the MCDST Exams.
>
> Appreciate any kinda suggestion/answer.
> If possible you can mail me at

I would hope that a Dell support technician would already know enough about
Windows to pass the MCDST, but given my experience with Dell support, maybe
not. So congrats for bettering yourself and to answer your question, check
the skills assessment questions on the MS website.

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Jason

Keep in mind though, he said "Dell Support exec" which would make him
managerial. The funny thing is that an exec would necessarily know MORE
than a technician, as well as the means to determine whether troubleshooting
experience can directly correlate to passing MCDST exams. If this guy
really is a Dell exec, that's a sad commentary on the state of Dell
Computers. (Sad, albeit not surprising).

MCP, A+ (and MCDST forthcoming whenever I can get the time off to actually
test out - stupid test centers are open 8-5 M-F around here. Hey
dummies...that's business hours, student hours are like 10-7 with a weekend
half day here and there...sheesh!)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "vasav" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > I am a Delltech Support exec and just wanted to know
> > whether this exposure in troubleshooting the desktop
> > computer is enough for clearing the MCDST Exams.
> >
> > Appreciate any kinda suggestion/answer.
> > If possible you can mail me at

> I would hope that a Dell support technician would already know enough

about
> Windows to pass the MCDST, but given my experience with Dell support,

maybe
> not. So congrats for bettering yourself and to answer your question, check
> the skills assessment questions on the MS website.
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

SJ

I really don't know what kind of explosure you get as a Dell tech, but
some practice questions may help.

You can do a google search for MCDST Practice Tests and take some
practice tests (there are some good demos out there) and take some
practice tests to see what you know compared to what's being asked and
direct your studies from there.

sj
www.certquest.net